cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on @prompt usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have gone through most of the sites & blogs, but still i did not got the concept  of the following topics:

(1Q) I am ok with initial syntax of @prompt, But i am not clear with the exact usage of User:0, User9 and User1 concept. Plz find below

• @Prompt(‘1) Enter Country Name’,’A’,’Country Dimension\Country Name’,multi,free,Not_Persistent,{‘USA’,’UK’,’CANADA’,’INDIA’},User0)
  • @Prompt(‘1) Enter Country Name’,’A’,’Country Dimension\Country Name’,multi,free,Not_Persistent,{‘ALL’},User:9)
  • @Prompt(‘1) Enter Country Name’,’A’,’Country Dimension\Country Name’,multi,free,Not_Persistent,,User:1)

Could u plz explain its usage?

(2Q) I have a country object at universe with different countries names like India, Usa, UK, Honkong, London, Sunderland, Pakistan, Africa,Philipians,Tykio.

Case i: when the user runs the report using prompt at report level, He should able to see only TOP five countries.

Note: Dont define five countries at universe level @prompt. How can we do the same at report level prompt?

Case ii: For the same countries object how we can  get data in alphabetical order at report level prompt > like Africa, Honkong, India,London,Pakistan, Philipians, Sunderland, Tykio, USA, UK.

(3Q) I have year & month object,

if we run report for 2014 we will getting data for month starting from Jan, Feb Mar, April, May June, July Aug Sep Oct Nov...December

But for same 2014 we want starting month should be April, May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar. How to obtain this?

(4Q) How to represent the half of the webi report data in Pie chat?

For ex:

employee     SalesRevenue  Percentage

aaa                10000                   50

bbb                 5000                    30

ccc                   2500                   10

ddd                  1250                    7

eee                  625                      3

In this case we want to represent data of ddd and eee sales reveunue with percentage? How to do this?

(5)How to dynamically change the title of the webi report with repect to report data?

Title: sales report for 'INDIA'

For eg: Page1 contain country object with India information

Page2 contain country object with USA information

Page3 contain country object with US information

Note: whenever we go to corresponding page the title should dynamically, for page2 it should be USA.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Kittu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

5QA) First you have to create sections on country object. By using section format properties you can show each country values in different pages.  Format Section=>Layout=>Start on New Page

Drag a cell in section and insert the title that you require and concatenate with country object.

In this way corresponding pages will show titles according to country names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mantu Sahu,

Thanks for your support.

(1Q) Status: Doubt Cleared

(2Q) Status: Doubt Pending

Case i: Any other alternate method to do the same at report level, Other than Universe                           level, User wants to see TOP 5 countries when he opens prompt at report level.

Case ii:Any other alternate method to do the same at report level, Other than Universe                             level, User wants to see all countries data in alphabetic order when he opens                               prompt at report level.

NOTE:Overall Can we do any settings for (case i) and (case ii) at report level?

(3Q) Status: Doubt Cleared

(4Q) Status: Doubt Cleared

(5Q) Status: Doubt Cleared

Waiting for your valuable feedback for (2Q) case i & case ii

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Kittu

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

2QA) At report level you cannot do anything. You have to do all at universe level only.

Please mark the answer as correct if helpful.

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is regarding your 2nd question.

Add 'Order by' clause  in the object definition and use the same in universe and report level prompts.

Regards,

Pranay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1QA)User:N is the order of the prompt.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

2QA) You can use the Rank function on the country object at universe level. Go to Object Properties. In the property window Edit the object and use custome SQL and there you could use Rank function and also order by country name in ascending.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

3QA) You must be having a month number and month name dimension. On the month number you can write below logic.

Case
When MONTH  NAME='April' Then 1
When MONTH  NAME='May' Then 2
When MONTH  NAME='June' Then 3
When MONTH  NAME='July' Then 4
When MONTH  NAME='August' Then 5
When MONTH  NAME='September' Then 6
When MONTH  NAME='October' Then 7
When MONTH  NAME='November' Then 8
When MONTH  NAME='December' Then 9
When MONTH  NAME='January' Then 10
When MONTH  NAME='February' Then 11
When MONTH  NAME='March' Then 12
End

In this way the April month will come first as we are assigning this month number as 1.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

4QA) You can Filter on employee object for ddd and eee.