Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM QM blocked stock issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a question regarding the following:

my client performs a GR booking in blocked stock (103) to prevent serialnumbers to be entered and equipments to be generated before these materials have been inspected (NON QM up untill now). The 103 does not result in a WMS booking, only after the 105 the TR/TO towards storage location in WM is being performed.

In the new proces the 103 should result in a WM booking but also combined with QM.

So during the GR 103 an inspection order has to be generated of which the quantity has to be booked towards WM storage location and of which the sample has to be booked to a work center (917).

Question 1: Is it possible to have the stock in WM like this, and if so what is the stock status, blocked with quality indication??

Question 2: Normally (with 101 GR) there are some posting changes/TO's which replace the Q status for unrestricted stock after user decision. How about this 103? Should there still be a 105 booking after te user decision? Or is the stock unrestricted after the user decision (regardless or if it's a 101 or a 103 which is performed)?

Question 3: Which movement types should i link in WM to the 103, 104 (in case of a negative user decision) and 105 MM movementtypes to perform the process successfully?

THANKS for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the link to a WM is established by assigning the combination of plant and storage location to a warehouse.

WM activities are triggered by posting to a storage location which has this link to WM in table T320.

A 103 movement is not made to a storage location, it is plant level only, hence no WM

If you use a 103/105 combination as a workaround for QM, then I wonder why you want keep this work around when you start using QM, shouldn't it be replaced by QM?

Anyhow, a usage decision is a decision, if it would post in general only to unrestricted stock, then it would not be a decision. A 105 is always following a 103, except you cancel the 103 with a 104, but this you should already know since you live this 103/105 process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks,

so it is not possible to book GR in 103 and have a TO created to a wm storage bin to have this pallet in WM but with S indication (with 943 movement or something)?

I would like to replace the 103 with 101 to inspection stock but i am afraid the system will ask for serial numbers during GR. We don't want this to happen since otherwise the equipments are generated and we don't want that. We want this to happen after the user decision.

Do you know how i can make this work? We want to keep the current serialnumber profiles.

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to change the serialnumber profile setting for the MMSL setting from 'serial number must be assigned' to 'serial number can be assigned'??

Transaction OIS2

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically it is certainly possible, but you have to evaluate if this one scenario is justifying the change and potential risks that user may not enter the serial number for other movements too.

Answers (0)