Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a SapUI5 mobile application in mobile phones

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

I am a newbie in SAPUI5 mobiles apps.

What I actually want is, I am having a demo mobile application. Now how do I publish it so that I could access it through my android phone?

Kindly help me by mentioning the steps.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

You have two options:

1. If you deploy a UI5-App on a NetWeaver AS or a Java-Webserver, you can access it via HTTP like any other web-application from your mobile device.

2. If you want to deliver a real app (in case of Android an apk-file) and maybe use some mobile-device functionality like the camera, you can check out the following part of the official documentation: Running SAPUI5 Mobile Apps in Hybrid Web Containers.

Besides, look at this discussion for more information: Packaging a sapui5 app with phonegap.

Regards

Michael

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help.

Out of the two options u have mentioned above, I am more interested in the first. Can u please elaborate on the steps to deploy the web-application on the java server. I am using eclipse Luna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just have a look at the following blog post: How to install a basic development environment for SAPUI5.

Step 4 and 5 will help you further. At the end of the article you will learn, how you can deploy a SAPUI5-application on a tomcat server.

After deploying the app successfully on the server, you can access it via your mobile phone. A prerequisite is, however, that your mobile phone is in the same network like your server. This is especially critical in company networks. In this case, you can use a VPN to solve this problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

To be more precise my requirement is that I need to give only a url of my developed web applicationto the client who will access it through his mobile.

What phonegap does is it gives me back an .apk file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go for SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have a SAP UI5 Application designed in HANA Studio (HANA Server) which contains few XSJS(ajax) & XSODATA services. Now I want to access this Application on Mobile devices - Android/Windows/iOS.

How can same be achieved.

How can I move my application to SAP HCP as I am using HANA Database also in application.

Thanks,