cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reload historical data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking to reload 7 years of historical data to ODS1 from R/3 purchasing extractor, can you please advise the best approach or steps for this with out breaking the delta and ease cumbersome reload. Cannot do load from PSA since data is wrong.  Data also flows to ODS2 from ODS1.  I only heard there is also update statement for the reload if updating or reloading ONLY some fields which contains incorrect data.  I do not know how to write sql statement for the reload.  Any insights will be helpful.

Thanks

Di

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

For LO extractor you need to delete and fill set up tables. its time consuming process.

based on selections at set up table filling screen you can fill 7yrs data by splitting based on creation date or purchase number or what ever possible.

first check available selections at set up table filling screen and later find possible ways to split the filing process.

at Info pack level, we can use selection to load yearly wise data. we may have date selections, please check and use them.

Your delta was exist, so we need to use repair full request selections.

at PSA, rather than correction, please delete the requests which are lies between 2008 - XXXX,, assuming as you need to load from 2008. first check upto which date data was correct and in correct. later you can delete them at psa.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it necessary to delete requests from ODS1 (PO item level?  It is not straightforward to delete because those requests might have pulled by delta init.  Isn't repair requests overwrite data on each load? Does it still need to drop data?  There are two more ODS that pulls delta from base ODS1, how to fix those or just need to do another repair from base ODS1 to flow through to ODS 2 and 3?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question, is there any possibility of losing records by deleting set up table before filling?

2.  Can you also please give steps of how this should be done properly, like do we run delete set up table once and then fill set up table for each month, all of it at once or one month at a time and start loading to BW for those corresponding months before running set up table for subsequent?

Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Actually where you have wrong data in your flow?

I just replied based on reload historic data only.

Guessed as your have wrong data PSA only.

DSO - at transformations if all key fig set as over write then same records will be over written.

if any key fig set property was additive then kf value will be doubled thru reload.

if your bw 7.x then from DSO to further targets we don't have chance to load data thru info pack.

About set up table - deletion and filling will nothing troubled. its intermediate table. we can delete when ever we need. nothing will cause any data loss issue.

Loading month wise or year is possible based on filling selections at set up table filling area.

what's your data source"?

Thanks

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

There is no threat of data loss while deleting the set up table.

Could you please let us know the datasource which you will be using or the application ?

To answer your 2nd question data can be fiiled in the set up table based on the fields which are available there.

If there is no calyear/calyear/month field you need to check the source tables for the data according to the field availble and then fill accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram and Amit,

We are in BW 3.5 and the datasource is 2LIS_02_ITM to purchasing ODS item level in BW.

We will have to load all the existing data to correct it in the target.  We also have to reload all data that flows to other three ODS to correct it.  All ODS is pulling delta now.  There is a data field to use it in the set up table.  Lets say if I run it for one month or few months in the set up table, I should immediately run infopackage to load in BW after set up table, right? Is that how the sequence for each data load?  I am also concerned about further data flow from ODS1 to other ODS?  Will that  pull data automatically once Item ODS loads on each run? or Do I have to run separate repair load for further processing?  Other data targets also pulls data from schedule line, good receipt etc besides data from ITEM ODS. Due to that reason, I am also concerned if any possible conflict when I do repair load to further data targets.  All key figures are overwrite on all the ODS.

Thanks

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

1. Delete the set-up table.

2. Fill the set up table as per the date field available.

3.Check the data in ecc side (RSA3).Check the number of records.

4. Create a new full info package in BW and load it. From the scheduler option mark the load as Repair Full.(You can trigger the IP whenever you want. It will fecth the data from the setup table)

5. Activate the request in the DSO.

6. Trigger the ip's to load them to further DSO's (Mark it as repair full)

Since all keyfigures are set to overwrite I don't see an issue.

Repeat 1-6 to load all historical data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your quick response. One question on further processing.  Can you please confirm, during further processing one of the ods, lets say one of the target pulls data from three sources (3 update rules - 8PURITEM, 2lis_02_scl, 2lis_02_sgr) besides this item level ods.  When scheduling repair load from ODS1 (8PURITEM) to ODS2, key figures inthe ODS2 will only update/overwrite what comes from 8PURITEM fields and will not affect anything else, right?

Data flows from (2lis_02_itm) to ODS1 and then--(8ODS1)-->> ODS2 automatically  ( delta), how does repair load works? Meaning when I trigger repair load to ODS1, does the ODS2 will automaticall pick load or do I manually have to submit the load for further processing?  ODS settings marked to automatically load from one to another.

Thanks,