cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT - /UI2/CL_LPD_UTILS=============CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issues with the latest launchpad release?

All tiles are working one day, and then a day later they were not.  A message would appear suggesting that the app configuration was incorrect.

The Web Inspector in chorme was pointing to an issue with /INTEROP service, which was unable to resolve the application link

My investigation revealed the following:

Several dumps were being registered in  ST22.

ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT - /UI2/CL_LPD_UTILS=============CP

After spending some time debugging this class, it turns out that the ABAP may be incorrect... pointing to a  type conflict a method that determines if LPD_CUST settings have changed. (I.e. The transaction in SAP GUI where we register new apps).  Basically if we keep changing the settings every day it will be fine. Once the settings are over a day old, the class will reach the point in the code that throws the illegal conflict.

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same issue here. Very annoying. we have demo's coming up

otto_makris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

For some reason unknown to me the blob read from the UI2 Cache was 39 chars long while the field symbol assigned to it 40. This was the reason for the runtime error in method HAS_LPD_CHANGED (/UI2/CL_LPD_UTILS), line 105, instruction   assign  lr_blob->*  to  <ls_blob>.

I therefore cleaned up the UI2 Cache and retested. It works. To clean up your area in the UI2 Cache call report /UI2/DELETE_CACHE, to clean up all user entries from the cache across all clients call report /UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP.

I have observed this only in a 7.40 system so far.

Kind regards,
Otto Makris

verreydthans
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thx! That seems to work!

Regards,

Hans

former_member198774
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have executed above commands after working fine.

Thanks for advise.

Regards

Vijay.