cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deriving profit center during manual bank statement processing (FF67)

sameer_gupte2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are using new GL with document splitting and profit center is a mandatory field for us. We have 1 company code and 3 branches which we have created as profit centers. We have one customer which is supplied to by all the 3 branches. Each of the branches does its own billing. The customer however pays a lump-sum amount for all outstanding invoices weekly once. When we create the billing documents we are posting to different profit centers (branch-wise). The following entries get posted:

In Branch 1

Customer a/c Dr ----------- PC1

To Revenue  ---------------- PC1

In Branch 2

Customer a/c Dr ----------- PC2

To Revenue ----------------- PC2

We receive the payment through wire transfer for both the billing documents. When we post the bank statement manually, the following entries should be created:

Incoming wire transfer a/c Dr

To Customer

Bank main a/c Dr

To Incoming wire transfer

However, this is not being posted as SAP is not able to find the profit center.

When I update a default profit center in FAGL3KEH for the customer reconciliation a/c, the Incoming wire transfer a/c Dr to Customer a/c Cr posting takes place. However, the Bank main a/c Dr to Incoming wire transfer a/c Cr posting is failing with the error "Balancing field profit center not found".

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

First you have to check which item category you have assigned for bank GL accounts and also check the document type classification for bank reconciliation postings.

Regards,

Mukthar

sameer_gupte2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

The bank GL accounts are assigned to the item category 04000 (Cash Account). The document type BS (bank statement) is assigned to business transaction 0400 (bank account statement) and business transaction variant 0001. The base item category for splitting the business transaction 0400 is 04000. Also, split automatically is ticked. So I think the profit center from the incoming wire transfers a/c (which is posted in posting area 2 in FF67) should be picked up. But instead I am getting profit center error.

Thanks,

Sameer