cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRSPACE create new tablespace for compressed table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I'm plannng to create new tablespace  PSAPCOMP for compressed table by brspace.

the current total size of the tables that i want to compression is 1T.

Now i have  2 question about the brspace script

1.How big size should the PSAPCOMP be , let's say 500G?

2. i'm confused about the datafile_dir value i should put (please refer to the attachment for current datafile_dir design)

Could you help to correct/improve the scritpts as following?

scriptA : brspace -f tscreate -t PSAPCOMP -s 5120 -a yes -i 100 -m 15360 -f sapdata4 -l 2 --> assign to sapdata4

repeat scriptB for 20 times

scriptB : brspace -f tsextend -t PSAPCOMP -s 5120 -a yes -i 100 -m 15360 -f sapdata4 -l 2 -f1 4 -f2 4 -f3 4 -f4 4 -f5 4 --> extend 25G in one run

Qestion: is it OK to assign the PSAPCOMP only to "sapdata4"? or i should specify "-f sapdata1 sapdata2 sapdata3 sapdata4" so the table data can distribute among different sapdata_dir?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Kate,

some of the questions depend on the "customer" decision.

is it OK to assign the PSAPCOMP only to "sapdata4"?

how much space is available? what kind of storage do they have? is totally stripped or not? is there "free" space on the other filesystems?

1.How big size should the PSAPCOMP be , let's say 500G?

as I explained to you already, it is expected that applying all compressions you can save 1/2 of the space but you have to test this as it depends on the content of the tables and selectivity of the indexes. Use the oracle package to simulate the savings for the tables you are going to compress.

do you want the scripts interactive (option -c) or not?

The SAP Database Guide: Oracle has all possible options so you only have to check them

brspace -f tscreate -t PSAPCOMP -s 5120 -a yes -i 100 -m 15360 -f sapdata4 -l 2 --> assign to sapdata4

if you want to create a 500 GB, why you limit the maximum size to 15360?

Answers (0)