Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax Error while activating a Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Function Group then a Function Module with source code.

The TOP Include has been defined with all global variables.

There will be another Include (_F01) which will hold all the FORM and ENDFORM statements.

While activating whole contents under this Function Group, system is giving a syntax error in (_F01) include program.

The syntax error is about a structure to which a value is being passed.

The system says that particular structure is not available in the system.

But when i double click on the structure name in include program's editor, the navigation will route to that particular structure.

The structure is in active status.

I tried to activate whole Function group in SE80 and faced same error saying the field <> is not unknown.

I have activated the navigation index several times.. Still same error...!!

Can anyone help me to come out of this weird error??

Regards

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you try to activate, and the compiler finds errors, it asks you if you want to 'activate anyway'.

Choose that option, then activate again to see if the problem is resolved.

Otherwise, if that doesn''t fix it, please post a screenshot with the code and the error message..

I'm afraid it's not easy to diagnose your issue with the limited information you have given.

good luck

Paul.

7 REPLIES 7

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you try to activate, and the compiler finds errors, it asks you if you want to 'activate anyway'.

Choose that option, then activate again to see if the problem is resolved.

Otherwise, if that doesn''t fix it, please post a screenshot with the code and the error message..

I'm afraid it's not easy to diagnose your issue with the limited information you have given.

good luck

Paul.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for response.

I tried with activate anyway option... The objects got activated...

While executing the function module, again system gave a dump with same syntax error.

I am attaching the snapshots of source code with syntax error and the structure being in active status,

Please find the same here...

0 Kudos

Seems that you created the strucutre in the data dictionary but didn't create it locally. Try to declare the structure inside your include or in the TOP include:
DATA: yaur_s_label_apa TYPE yaur_s_label_apa.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

YAUR_S_LABEL_APA It is Global structure or Local to the include with Subroutines.

Check one again have you maintained the declaration for YAUR_S_LABEL_APA in Top Include or inside the Form Endform if it is used locally.

Regards,

Pavan 

0 Kudos

Thank You All... It worked... I have again defined the structure locally and now able to activate the Function Module...!!!

0 Kudos

So please mark the thread as answered.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to be clear Pavankumar Sanganal - you don't have to re-define the structure locally, you have to declare your program variable YAUR_S_LABAL_APA. as being of (data dictionary) type YAUR_S_LABAL_APA.

You said before that when you double-clicked on this variable it navigated to the data dictionary definition. I don't see how that can possible, if the variable was not declared in the program.

cheers

Paul