Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of VC with Sales Order process on PP and MM

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is regarding configuration parameter  ‘Process’ in configuration profile of a material.  I have selected Sales Order (SET)
for the solution I am working on.

The requirement is to sell a product (FERT) with a service (NLAG).  The product has only one characteristic with different values
representing service levels.  For example, Computer with either premium service level, advanced service level, or standard service level.

The product computer has a production BOM with raw materials.  I have a created another sales BOM as a part of variant configuration
with dependencies.

I am able to enter the product (configured) with service as its characteristic using variant configuration.

The order was delivered and invoiced without any error. However, marking the product as variant configured is impacting production planning(PIR

and MM( the product is also source through STO).

I would like to know why PP and MM is getting impacted as the configured material should only be relevant to SD(selected SET in configuration

profile) We don’t want to take the material configuration to PP or MM as the product need to be manufactured or procured without any

configuration and VC only need to be applied in sales order.

What is wrong with my approach? Am I missing something?  if yes, what would be the correct approach considering my requirement?

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amber & Ritesh,

Yes, sales SET alone doesn’t affect planning or MM if item only has only sales BOM.  The system
looks for configuration in production BOM as the material (FERT) is set as 'Material is configurable' i.e., MARA-KZKFG

Perhaps, I didn’t put much detail in my message. The errors (message no. 61259, 06836) in PIR and PO are due to MARA-KZKFG for finish good.  For that, I either need to select Prod/Planning or Order BOM in planning profile and perform the required configuration to make it work.  However,
this is not our requirement.

I want to be able to sell a set of Finish good (FERT) with service item(NLAG) using VC.   However, the system doesn’t allow that due to above reason.

Please check the following SAP Help link. Here to my understanding, the header material can be set as configured material and only component could have production BOM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/35/1db853dcfcb44ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm.

This processing form means that in the sales order you can only process sales-relevant BOM items. You can use the item category group to define that requirements transfer and pricing are at component level. “

Ritesh,  I think VC is ideal for MTO but we should be able to use it for MTS scenario.  Regarding the BOMs, I wanted the same what you have explained. However, I don’t think, I can have two BOMs.  My production BOM is getting impacted due to MARA-KZKFG so does the PIR&MRP.

As mentioned above, the production BOM got activated for configured material.

Thank you,

Abdul

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdul Mehkari,

Thanks for providing details, please check below and reply if its what you want.

You have configurable material and you have a service as component in BOM.

I suggest set up plan order settings in configuration profile and use BOM application PP01 instead of SD01, with this settings you will be able to assign values to configuration during sales order creation and these value can select the correct service level maintained at BOM component level with selection condition. the configuration results will be saved under CUOBJ and same will be used while plan & production orders will be processed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/35/1db853dcfcb44ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm.

this link describe when you have finished material produced separately and selling as a Bundle ( a set) , example is very clearly describe using PC. here all components have seprate configuration profile meant for production and finished product PC is just sales relevant , it even dont need a assembly so only sales bom will be created.

Hope this clarification help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Your suggestion of using plan order with PP01(BOM Application) in configuration profile may solve the error that I am getting in planning.  However, I need to have the component determined in sales order with reference to header item.   I think, I didn’t mention this important piece in my initial post. For example
Line item 10: computer (header material), Line item 20 : Service(component with high level item reference : 10)

I don't think above structure will appear on sales order if I use PP01.  This is the reason I choose Sales set but the process breaks at planning. 

Ritesh, is it possible using SAP VC standard solution to fulfill above requirement?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Regards,

Abdul

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdul Mehkari,

If you are fine with PP01 other then below

example
Line item 10: computer (header material), Line item 20 : Service(component with high level item reference : 10)

I don't think above structure will appear on sales order if I use PP01.  This is the reason I choose Sales set but the process breaks at planning.

then you have a good news , PP01 have nothing to do with what appear in higher or lower level item category, please consult a SD guy and he will set up a correct item category for your components such that they will appear in sales order as reference to high level item.

write selection condition to pick correct picking of component or components with no selection condition will appear as low level item in sales order.

please check and reply back, also please mark replies helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I have no issue with item categories determination in sales order as mentioned in my initial post that the BOM structures works fine with Sales Order SET and SD01 .

However, the BOM doesn't explode in sales order if PP01 with Plan order process are selected. Is this the normal behavior.

Thanks,

Abdul

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdul Mehkari,

seems as you have only sales BOM and thast why its not exploding during sales order creation , also if your item catagory assign to header item is pointing to use BOM application SD01can also create issue.

Please correct those and it will work fine.

Thanks

Ritesh

PS: Mark replies helpful if it helps you.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdul Mehkari,

Can you explain some more when you say problems in PP & MM?

I hope you are aware that in ECC configurable material works only with make to order strategy, so i am not understanding how PIR play any role here.

I can see you have 2 BOM's sales & production, with BOM application SD01 in configuration profile , during sales order creation sales BOM is getting exploded, once sales order process is complete plan order will be generated and copy BOM components from production BOM, if you may have written selection conditions to pick specific components from BOM only those will be picked.

You can not create a PIR if using strategy 25 as its pure make to order for configurable material.

Please go through it and reply back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Setting a profile with SET does not prohibit planning or MM. What settings do you have in material master ? and is the variant replaced when you create the sales orders ? On what level is PIR generated ? component or header ?

Thanks Amber