Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Impact of VC with Sales Order process on PP and MM

Hi,

My question is regarding configuration parameter  ‘Process’ in configuration profile of a material.  I have selected Sales Order (SET)
for the solution I am working on.

The requirement is to sell a product (FERT) with a service (NLAG).  The product has only one characteristic with different values
representing service levels.  For example, Computer with either premium service level, advanced service level, or standard service level.

The product computer has a production BOM with raw materials.  I have a created another sales BOM as a part of variant configuration
with dependencies.

I am able to enter the product (configured) with service as its characteristic using variant configuration.

The order was delivered and invoiced without any error. However, marking the product as variant configured is impacting production planning(PIR

and MM( the product is also source through STO).

I would like to know why PP and MM is getting impacted as the configured material should only be relevant to SD(selected SET in configuration

profile) We don’t want to take the material configuration to PP or MM as the product need to be manufactured or procured without any

configuration and VC only need to be applied in sales order.

What is wrong with my approach? Am I missing something?  if yes, what would be the correct approach considering my requirement?

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abdul

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question