cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderator,

if u think that the question is repeated, plz block it....

dont delete it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shiva k wrote:

Dear Moderator,

if u think that the question is repeated, plz block it....

dont delete it.

The language of this site is PROFESSIONAL English. Please don't use SMS text-message type abbreviations. "you" not "u". "please" not "plz".

As far as your request. Noted, but I shall continue to reject FAQ and repeated questions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Blocking a discussion will just add garbage to SCN since it appears in search results and does not help anybody who uses his search skills.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I understand your point of view. And there is merit in it.

But "garbage" is subjective.

If a subject is repetitive but the OP has give a business example or real business scenario then it should not be deleted. It will add so much value to the members wanting to add to their "real business scenarios" knowledge.

Further if any member has replied with good insight, then deleting the entire thread is a waste of precious information, that will be beneficial.

So, it is not as easy or as black and white as made to seem in this thread.

Typewriter

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what benefit will you have from such discussions:

Most people who are seeking for help and searching SCN have already a business case and a problem, so they are not satisfied if they find just locked questions which obstruct the view to the valuable cases.

I never saw people asking "I have this error can you please tell me the business case for it"

There are several ten  thousand open discussions which have business process information.

It is unrealistic to think that the discussion which gets  rejected as a  frequently asked question is the only one with a business scenario.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most people who are seeking for help and searching SCN have already a business case and a problem, so they are not satisfied if they find just locked questions which obstruct the view to the valuable cases.

I never saw people asking "I have this error can you please tell me the business case for it"

There are several ten  thousand open discussions which have business process information.

It is unrealistic to think that the discussion which gets  rejected as a  frequently asked question is the only one with a business scenario.

Absolutely, can't really argue against that. But what about leaving some threads "alive" yet locked to use it as a warning to others who might attempt to do something alike? My most favourite example for this sadly seems to be gone. It was back in the old SDN-Days when there still were sticky-threads, Julius had one pinned/stickied in the ABAP Forums, going like "Q: How do I ABAP?" "A: How do I RTFM?" --> THREAD LOCKED. This might not be the style of every Mod, but I found it hilarious and useful at the same time, planting some impaled heads here and there, so to say. Though, without a sticky function, that probably won't do any good anymore 😕

The language of this site is PROFESSIONAL English. Please don't use SMS text-message type abbreviations. "you" not "u". "please" not "plz".

As far as your request. Noted, but I shall continue to reject FAQ and repeated questions.

Matt, kind Sir, I must thank you for providing me with a daily dose of Laughing-Out-Louds. May thine fury continue to swipe the Frequently Asked Questions from the Face of the Forums.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why ?? Do you have any special reason to block it instead of reject/delete ?