cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add the new master iView in sta Ajax Framework?

0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I want to customize the mashead in portal 7.3.

My customized mashead deployment and copy of new iView is everything done without any error(Step - 1 to 5).

But i do not know add my iView in ajax framework page. (Step - 6).

Please give any solution for me.

I followed below steps:

1. You need to create a Portal Application project inside of NWDS 7.3 - call it whatever you want, a different name than the existing ones from sap

2. Extract the war file (com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war) with winzip or 7-zip and copy the content from web-inf to the portal-inf folder of your project. Don't copy the web.xml and the web-j2ee-engine.xml. They are not needed inside of the project.

3. Now you can make your custom changes to the Masthead.jsp file

4. Create the ear file and deploy it via NWDS 7.3

5. Copy your new masthead iView in the PCD from the portal applications to a pcd folder of your choice

6. Open the AFP framework page and copy your new iView as delta link into the masthead column

7. Disable or delete the old masthead iView out of the AFP framework page

8. Open a new session to check whether your changes apply correctly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add the iView to the AJAX Framework Page, browse to the following location and open the framework Page:

Location in Portal Catalog:  Portal Content --> Portal Users --> Standard Portal Users --> Ajax Framework Content --> Ajax Framework Page

Open the page and add your new iView as delta link.

Please let me know should you face any issues.

BR,

Anurag

0 Kudos

Dear Anurag,

I copied my iView. Then I opened Ajax Framework Page.

Where i could click to add my new delta link. Please give a solution in detail.

Thanks.

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have followed the following blog ?

For adding an iView to framework page, you can open the Ajax Framework page, (or a new framework page that you have), then find in the left side (content catalog) the new customized iView and right click on it.

In the popup menu just click add as delta link. Make sure to put it in masthead container in the layout on the right side if you still use the standard AFP layout:

See here for more details on how to edit a page contents and layout:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/47/881b2467731e1ee10000000a42189d/content.htm

Best Regards,

Tal

0 Kudos

Thanks Tal Haviv. I have added my iview into Ajax Framework Page.

Answers (0)