cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought of functional consultant Vs abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am techno functional consultant. I thought and very funny sometimes, but its bad habit to laugh on anyone.

Thought of Functional consultant: I have requirement of  report X in which when user create PO--->make GR> take print then it should show on report. sometime they tell only process on paper or screen shot only.

Thought of technical consultant (ABAPer): I don't know how to create PO, once they create PO where data flow, how many table involved, what are triggering point; next process trigger after which process finished.

What you people feels?

Regards

Sanjeet Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeet,

I for one dislike these nonpredicative occupational titles, because they invoke pigeonholding. At that, I can't claim to be completely free of stereotypical thinking, but I'm trying to see the bigger picture.

IMHO it all depends on what you actually do that defines you, not the other way around.

Taking myself for an example, on paper I'm an Application Developer. Thus, most people automatically think "Look that fellow is an "ABAPer", he programs in "ABAP 'n Stuff!" and that's about it and that kind of upsets me, because, what I actually do is:

• Analyzing and Optimizing Business Processes (Functional Consultant?)
  • Creating Main and Detailed Concepts including all kinds of Analyses concerning the IT-Infrastructure, Risks, Consequences, etc. (Solution Architect?)
  • Application Design (Architectual Pattern, User Interface) (Application Designer?)
  • Implementation of the Design with all kinds of different techniques including "normal" programming (Application Developer?, Technical Consultant?, <include numerous high-sounding occupational titles for each particular technique>)
  • Maintenance / Scaling (Third Level Support?)

So, maybe, I should start calling myself Super-Duper Techno Functional Solution Architect Supporter or something like that. But would that be any better or any more descriptive? 😕

Cheers, Lukas

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's why I normally just say "I work in IT".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well said Lukas..Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

any other views

Answers (0)