cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Grp & Subgrp for different Countries or can be same across.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going for almost 8 types of employe groups & 35 types og Employee Subgroup. Can we use them across other countries implementation.

What would be the complecations.

Now the question is shall we go for again 8/35 EG & ESG for individual countries or can there 8/35 can be used for all the countries .

so for 3 countries say-24-EG & 105 ESG's

What would be a best practice.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks,well as far as the policies are concerned, its same across different countries.

Holiday Calendars are different & Statutory components are different country wise.

But all salary components are same,Appraisal cycle is same,same practice for compensation,reporting in some cases cross countries,leave quotas are same,Travel policies are same.

in such situation hope there wont be any difficulty but in future if any company specific changes comes then it may create issues.

Please guide.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what I mentioned earlier. If there are country specific changes, then country specific EG/ESG should be created.

Otherwise, use the same ones across all countries since the meaning of each EG/ESG is same across all countries.

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks and regards,
Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is a global roll out and your interpretation of EG and ESG for some codes is same across all the countries and will have similar policies, it will be okay to keep the same code. For example, you may have an EG as salaried employee and if the interpretation of salaried employee is same across the three countries and their requirements are similar, you can use the same code. Otherwise, go for different codes.

Generally, global companies have a set of EG and ESG common across all countries and then they have country specific EG and ESG to cater to country specific requirements.

Advantage of using EG and ESG is in global reporting on the same EG and ESG across countries.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a ton....but would like to have a bit of info abt the same as i could not follow..

Advantage of using EG and ESG is in global reporting on the same EG and ESG across countries.

Its not about few codes Vivek but we have kept the same for all countries...

If i put my scenario as :

India- EG-A,ESG-AB & for Qatar,Thiland again A & AB....

But is this gonna create difficulty in Time Mgmt as  holidays in both the countries are different & the leave these 2 countries employees get are also different.

In such a scenarion what would be th best practice,i mean Payroll component & TM componenets as welll as Feature maintenance can vary in future

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before going into that, why have you kept the same EG and ESG for all the countries?

Is the meaning of a particular EG same across all countries? If yes, you can keep it.

Your holiday calendars and leaves are defined at personnel subarea grouping level and not ESG grouping level. PSG grouping represents your location.

All your quotas will be a combination of ESG grouping and PSG grouping - employee specific characteristics and location specific characteristics.

You can use the same EG and ESG if the meaning of the EG and ESG is same across all countries.

If they are different, then go with different EG and ESG.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal