Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to read data from standard t.code MC.5 in zreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a challenging issue. Please guide me for this issue. want to read data from standard t.code MC.5 in my z report.

I have attached the word file for Reference which data i want to read.

Need to read this data mark as yellow line: mean val. stock value

Thanks & Regards,

Atin

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to write BDC for MC.5 in your Z program and you need to check where that data available after execution of that MC.5 from there you need export that value to your Z program

thanks&regards.

laxman

0 Kudos

Hi laxman, if I write bdc then how would I get return value of output which we get in mc.5? Plz advise

atin

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would just debug the program and find out where that value is coming from. It could be read from a table or calculated (or both). Then call that same code in your report.

Laxman: - sorry, but writing a BDC to capture a transaction's output is a truly terrible idea . BDCs are hard to construct, they are slow, they fail for all kinds of reasons, and they are not future proof. I have never seen them used for fetching & reporting data. But thanks for participating.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi

First you need to debug the program and find where that value is coming from there you need export that value to your Z program.

Paul Bakker:- Thank you for your suggestion.

regards.

laxman

pavanm592
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atin,

As MC.5 is a standard transaction for giving the storage location analysis stock,You can get the same data from S032 and MBEW and i don't think you can read the data from report output.

If you want to get the data for a storage location you can calculate internally using this table do some work around you will get the required result.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

Could. U plz Let us know how can I get exact data using s032 & mbew ?

Atin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atin,

You can get the Output of that standard report by using class

cl_salv_bs_runtime_info.  After Getting that output, fetch the data which you want by explictly writing a SELECT statament on the table from which the pop up information is coming.

Regards