Data Modeling For DB Connect Extracted Data...
I'm working with SAP NetWeaver 7.3 and I have successfully loaded data from external DBMS (Oracle) into SAP BW 7.3. I have loaded/extracted data of four tables namely, SALES, SALESMAN, PRODUCT, FIELDFORCE and HIERARCHY. I have loaded data of these tables as a transactional data as I do not know about the relationship and the Master Data. My main table is SALES which has about 8 million records in it and I have successfully loaded into PSA of its DataSource. This particular table has about 120 fields and I have following questions:
1. I want to design DSO and InfoCube for this DataSource and other, how should I proceed?
2. For Sales DataSource which has 120 fields do I need to create 120 InfoObjects and put these into DSO and InfoCube and then do transformation and data updating?
4. Should I follow a certain naming convention for InfoObjects and should I do direct mapping in the transformation?
5. What should be the best approach for this scenario?
6. Do I need to load or create the Master Data as well?