cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New version of SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have been informed by a friend in my old company that they will be implementing SCM 6.0 in 2009, has any one else heard when the new version is being released?

I have looked through SAP website and there is no mention of it!

Regards

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know a company in California that are almost through with upgrade. They may be SAP's early birds.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think any customer is having SCM 5.0. I was involved in testing of SCM 5.0 recently and SAP Labs is just about completing Phase 2 of Acceptance Testing. The reason I say 5.0+ is because I was told Product Team have not decided if there would be an interim release SCM 5.1 or stratight go to SCM 6.0. This will depend on the new developments that are completed and bundled. So 2009 looks to be on the higher side, end of 2007 is definitely pluasible at least for Ramp-up customers.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was a topic of discussion at Logistics & SCM 2007 Conference in Orlando that took place around Feb 12 - Feb 14 2007. It says that it will release in 2007.

Excerpts from the brochure discusses enhancements in ICH only. There may be other enhancements in SCM 6.0 but were not discussed. I am particularly interested in TP/VS enhancements, as current versions assume it as two different trucks if you transport Refrigerated & Unrefrigerated goods together in one truck with partition.

New name of Internet Collaboration Hub is now SNC 6.0 (Supply Network Collaboration 6.0). Explore new replenishment processes and algorithms within SNC 6.0 for VMI & SMI scenarios. See how to align your plans with your suppliers and customers over the Web using SNC forecast collaboration so you can catch expensive surprises in the planning stage.

-Sachin Ghatol

APO Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, SCM 6.0 is going to be released till the end of 2007.

Best Regards

Alper Myumyun