cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF! Functionality

scottcarricknwn
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's an odd for you. We are currently using the command PDF! when previewing a PO. This converts PO to PDF and opens it up in a PDF Viewer where the user can save, print, email the PO. Is there a way to modify the PDF Preview? For instance when they click email to attach it to an email, give the file a specific name (PO# maybe)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I have seen someone make a copy of FM SSFDISPLAY_OTF (which shows OTF preview) and make changes to GUI status so that extra buttons for downloading as PDF, Excel etc can be shown to user. The logic for handling PDF! is written in same function group.

scottcarricknwn
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Manish! I'll explore that.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

wow, that implements that it is available everywhere or need some hard coded values to restrict the functions.

I'm not sure if I would do that.

~Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

the pdf-preview comes from your local viewer. So what do you expect? The name right here has nothing to do with anything inside your system and out of that you are not able to change the name in any form.

I also believe that there is no solution for your desktop in front.

But why don't you just send your po via SAP itself and therefor you got all opportunities. Set a text before, name the file and I think the most important thing have something to archive.

Before you ask, yes you have to develop some lines. I can imagine a additional button which process the message and opens the email-dialog of class CL_BCS. Pretty easy to understand and very powerful.

By the way CL_BCS has a really nice OO-Context also.

~Florian

scottcarricknwn
Participant
0 Kudos

We're using a Smartform and do not have a DMS in place. When i bring up the PO in a PDF via the PDF! command it appears the PDF viewer is within the SAP system itelf (i can actually stop the transaction from within it).

Because we use a Smartform our options are pretty limited.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

thanks so far, you could implement a second button anyway and just implement the "download-to-desktop" function.

How does the name of your download look right now? I do not have access to a system right now, that's why I'm asking. I never faced a problem like that, so I just want to make sure, that there is no other solution to it.

~Florian