cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling webi report chages from excel to webi format

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I scheduled a webi report to be generated in excel format for some days it is fine but unfortunately the report is scheduling in webi format instead of excel format.

I checked all the settings every thing is fine.

any guess !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, double check you don't have more than one recurring instance setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, checked i dont have multiple recurring instance

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share your  recurrence screenshot with us.

Regards,

Pranay

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found the same behavior that multiple Webi report recurring jobs "to be generated in excel format for some days it is fine but unfortunately the report is scheduling in Webi format instead of excel format" since DST change on 3/13/2016.

When this scheduled as Excel but turns out as Webi behavior occurs, that running job would hang forever unless I terminate it by delete it in CMC.

My workaround is to reschedule those recurring jobs on the user behalf and rerun it.  So far, I have reschedule/correct more than a dozen recurring jobs.  No recurring jobs in Crystal Report or Deski report type has this problem, but Webi.

For example, one of the running job today turns to Webi instead of Excel is

Title: Corporatexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_Report

Document Type: Web Intelligence Report

Status Running

Destination: File copy the instance with the filename: "Corporatexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_Report2016-04-05-06-43-10.wid" to the directory: "//xxxxxxxxx" .

Owner: xxxxxxx

Creation Time: 4/5/2016 6:41 AM

Start Time: 4/5/2016 6:43 AM

Duration: -45245722 sec

Server Used: xxxxxxxxxx.AdaptiveJobServer

PID:  33760

Parent Object Path: xxxxxxxxxx

Remote Instance in Federated Cluster: No

Expiry: 4/7/2016 6:00 AM

Formats: Web Intelligence  Parameters: 0;30;61;0

I found this problem on BOXI3.1 SP7 + FP 7.1.  No similar issue found on BI4.1 SP07.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found out that there are two WIReportServers showing "Maximum Documents Per User" = 1 while it should be 5 by those faulty WIReportServers' Metrics.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After these faulty WIReportServers are restarted, no more running jobs with output format to Webi instead of Excel anymore.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Seems very strange issue to me.  Once recurring job is created it is bound to generates output in specified format only.

As you said it worked for few days, kindly verify if report schedules is modified in last few days. You need to check schedule Creation Time.

I'd suggest to create simillar schedule/recurring job in another environment (Dev/Test) which is on the same patch level and check if you can reproduce the issue.

If possible create an OSS message with SAP just to rule out possiblility of a bug.

- Mahesh

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the format specified in the recurring instance ? If you create a new recurring instance, do you see same behavior ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is daily

Yes same behavior

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daily is the recurrence of the instance. What is the ouput format selected for the instance(i.e.Microsoft Excel,Web Intelligence). Please share the screen-shot