cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create same serial number for a different material

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have material A with 4 serial numbers. I want to create the same 4 serial numbers for material B and also delete the 4 serial numbers for A. When i try to create it using IQ01, it says that the serial number already exists. In the material master for A and B, the level of explicitness field is set to 1 - keep equipment number and serial number synchronous. This means that when the 4 serial numbers for A were created, the equipment number was created using the same number with the serial number. Now, this is the approach I have tried:

1. Delete existing stock and change status of serial number to AVLB

2. Change material master and set Ser Level as blank

3. Go to IQ02, change the material number from A to B.

4. Post serialized stock for Material B

Here, I get the error that the equipment number already exists

I have tried another approach:

1. Delete existing stock and change status of serial number to AVLB

2. Change material master and set Ser Level as blank

3.  Go to IQ02, change the serial number to something random eg delete1.

4. Create a new serial number in IQ01 for material B

Here, I again get the error that the equipment number already exists

Is there a setting in the serial number profile that will not check for equipment number or allows to create the same serial/equipment number for a different material?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

As I understood, you are assigning same serial number for different materials. for example Serial number S1 already used to material M1 and also be used to M2

M1+S1

M2+S1

This is very well possible. Are you getting any error while doing so? please put the error message if you get any error during such assignment

santosh

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have found the solution. Thanks for replying though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please share your solution here in brief? many thanks

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. First scrap all stock from SAP - ensure that the status of the serial number is AVLB.

2. Go to IQ02. Go to Edit-> Special Serial Number Functions ->Change Material Number:

3. Enter the new material number

Save.

For changing the material number for a serial number lying with the customer, first ensure that the status of the serial number changes from ECUS to AVLB. To do this, in IQ02, go to Edit-> Special serial number functions ->Manual Transaction.First do a "to Stock" and then repeat the step for a "From Stock". This will change the status to AVLB

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanks