Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

how can I cancel an A/P invoice which has Downpayment linked to it?

Here's the scenario:

I'm using SAP B1 9.0 PL05.

An A/P invoice for items was created from a Goods Receipt PO and part of the debt was linked to a downpayment before creating the document.

This downpayment was not used in its totallity with this Invoice, it has been used with some othe invoices as well.

When I go to the Invoice and right click cancel it all sems ok, I click create, the warning message saying it's irreversible pops up and then the cancelation document is NOT created. No error message, not anything; the transacction jut won't go through.

Not possible to cancel the reconciliation of the downpayment sice it is a system reconciliation.

Does anybody knows what's the deal here?? I'm trying to avoid using a Credit Note and having to create a new Goods Receipt and all, besides loosing the relationsip map schema.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I've been looking around but can't seem to find anything, if the is such please kindly redirect me to it, if there is not I'd really appreciatte your help with this.

Thank you all

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi
Carlos
I tested the same thing in version 9 patch 6 and system allows me to cancel the document.
I think you can approach lock call with SAP for this.

Below Scenario i tested
1. AP downpayment request (amount 100)
2. Outgoing payment (amount 100)
3. AP Invoice (amount amount 60, adjusted DPM-50, AP Invoice balance due -10)
4. Cancel AP Invoice, system give same warning message while cancellation (cancellation is irreversable)
5. Create new AP Invoice (amount 110 , adjusted DPM-100, AP Invoice balance due -10)

Thanks & Regards
Unnikrishnan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question