Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager / Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are going to install the SAP Solution Manager caused by the fact that

SAP will not offer anymore updates via the service marketplace from 02.04.

on.

We have already checked the documentation but we have not found any information

about whether the SAP Router must be installed in order to use the Solution

Manager to update our SAP system.

So my question is:

Is it possible to install and use the Solution Manager to update a SAP system

without the SAP Router, or not? (We haven't installed the SAP Router yet ...)

Best Regards and Thanks,

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You can install Solution manager without SAProuter and also you can generate the EWA Alerts.

First you have to generate the Back destination with Satellite systems connected to the solution Manger. Then should be maintenance Package should be running and the service preparation check should run on the satellite system and refresh sessions task you should create.

The the destination should be back destination to the solution manager in sm59 of the satellite systems. Then after refresh sessions it will take the number or task from the solution manager manager and will run or you actvivate the the task it will colect the data and send it to the solution manager.

You will see earlywatch alert icon changed for that system in solution_manager transaction under earlywatch. Then run the report for earlywatch it will generate the earlywatch report. You can then send it through mail to whomever you would like to send.

if it is helpful some points are appreciated from u.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Godfrey,

but i don't know the exactly meaning of your post. Where is the context to my question? Can you specify your comment? Noted, that i just want to know: <b>It is possible to <u>update</u> our SAP system (like Netweaver 2004s...) <u>via SAP Solution Manager</u> without the availability of SAP Router?</b>

The intention of this question is, that we are discussing to install SAP Router or not, because of SAP Solution Manager. But the investment and overhead are too much, if we don't need SAP Router.

Regards

Mario

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Is it possible to install and use the Solution Manager to update a SAP system

without the SAP Router, or not? (We haven't installed the SAP Router yet ...)

YES! it is possible.

You can download the patches from SAP service Marketplace.

Within the solman system, maintenance optimizer functionality you must "approve" this patch download to be able to definitely about the selected

patches for NW2004s.

However without the saprouter yu will miss some functionality, but none of them of the Maintenance optimizer.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution manager(SM) can be installed without router. But many of the features of SM like auto generation of EWA reports,system dignostics,package download etc., may not be possible unless router is configured.so it makes sence to have router installed.

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast answer,

but i wanted to know, if it is possible to update our system with the SM but without having SAP Router. Is a system update a feature of the SM we can use, without the SAP Router?

Mario