cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open hub error when generating file in application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone.

I'm trying to execute an open hub destination that save the result as a file in the application server.

The issue is: in production environment we have two application servers, XYZ is the database server, and A01 is the application server. When I direct the open hub to save file in A01 all is working fine. But when I change to save to XYZ I´m getting the following error:

>>> Exception in Substep Start Update...

Message detail: Could not open file "path and file" on application server

Message no. RSBO214

When I use transaction AL11, I can see the file there in XYZ filesystem (with data and time correspondent to execution), but I can´t view the content and size looks like be zero.

Possible causes I already checked: authorization, disk space, SM21 logs.

We are in SAP BW 7.31 support package 6.

Any idea what could be the issue or where to look better?

Thanks and regards.

Henrique Teodoro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there.

Posting the resolution for this issue.

SAP support give directions that solved the problem. No matter in which server (XYZ or A01) I logon or start a process chains, the DTP job always runs in A01 server, and it causes an error since the directory doesn´t exist in server XYZ.

This occurs because DTP settings for background job was left blank. I follows these steps to solve the problem:

- open DTP

- go to "Settings for Batch Manager"

- in "Server/Host/Group on Which Additional Processes Should Run" I picked the desired server

- save

After that, no matter from where I start the open hub extraction, it always runs in specified server and saves the file accordingly.

Regards.

Henrique Teodoro

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Note 2097264 was created to solve these type of issues:

2097264 - Error "Could not open file 'path and file' on application server" when using Open Hub Dest...

Regards,

Janaina

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure, because I can't found the program or function module that try to write data to the file, but I believe that can be a bug in open hub service.

When I use the old 3.5 infospoke technology I can generate files in both servers (database and application).

Have somebody faced this kind of problem with infospoke?

Thanks and regards.

Henrique Teodoro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to debug the open hub execution to get more details on this error, but I didn't find the program or function module to place a break point.

I tried to use the simulation option of DTP, but it don´t really try to write data to the filesystem, so I don´t get the error. Anybody knows how to debug the live execution of an open hub?

Thanks and regards,

Henrique Teodoro

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

henrique,

is the folder mounted across both the servers .? meaning . is it a common mount ..?

You could have the same folder in both systems - for instance if both of us are using windows .. we both would have a c:/windows directory but then if both of us were on the same network we could have a shared drive which is accessible to both systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Arun.

We´re are running over Unix AIX, and the folders are not shared. The default BW folder is used by open hub, and for each server we have different content when I check it using transaction AL11 and open the DIR_HOME alias. So I understand that for each server we have different filesystems that not communicate between them.

Henrique