cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Message status in a ccBPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an PI 7.1 scenario, where I want to send an IDoc to and external SOAP service though a synchronous interface.

For that I've want to use an async-sync bridge in ccBPM.

What is the status from my message in BPE engine, if receiver does not send a response?

Is message useless through timeout and can not be automatically resend, or you can fix this in ccBPM?

By trying to resend the message till a response messages is returned?

Or you can fix this to let IDoc wait in holding status within your ccBPM ? Since IDoc is asynchrously and should give options to resend it again, after receiver system is back online?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below link might help

regards,
Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this link they explain you should build it with a deadline branch and a wait step. But you need to define a waiting time. In waiting for a response in synchronous interface, you can not wait very long, for example more then 1 hour

I've read in another scn blog that is not recommended to use a synchronous scenario  for BPM

see :

But it does not mention what exactly happens with message. I know from normal synchronous errors, that if it fails without ccBPM you cannot resend the message. I just want to have some confirmation that in ccBPM the message turns into same error like in SXMB_MONI and cannot be resend (from PI) only from sender then.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see Time dependent collect pattern to set time out and using control step to throw exception after the time reaches the timeout limit.Please refer basis repository objects where you see this pattern.

BTW, when you use webservice as receiver, your response should be in synchronous isn't it?  Why do you want to wait for longer time? You can see failed message status in SXMB_MONI (after timeout ) if you use without bpm too... You can use asyn sync pattern without  bpm using requestresponse bean and one way respone bean module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar

Is that asyn sync pattern without bpm possible PI 7.1? I've understand it is only possible with PI 7.3 ->

In this blog they mention it is possible with XI also:  Sync-Async without ccBPM - Process Integration - SCN Wiki  But not sure if it als works for SOAP HTTP receiver.

In this blog: they say it is only possible with PI 7.3

The reason I want to wait is whenever receiver system is for some reason not available, I want to use the automatic retry functionality of PI like used in async scenarios.

With synchronous scenarios this normally is not possible. I want to know if it is possible to use it somehow within a ccBPM or without ccBPM with a sync receiver soap scenario.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant the below blog way to implement async ->sync without bpm

File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was aware with IDoc adapter I can not do much.

Only option is to build it synchrone with BPM if we need to handle response from customer.

I prefer we build async and customer takes care of response (like errors in xml etc).

For PI best option if you only use async communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible with Async-Sync message. When no response returns for example after timeout exceeded of 5 minutes, your ccBPM shows error.

Messages gets stucked in SMQ2. All messages after first message get locked in queue.

If you hit execute LUW from SMQ2 after for example receiver system is again available or automatic retry of your queues, you don't have any data lost.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I did not see that your sender is idoc ..You cannot use the adapter modules. You might want to see the below blog and can handle via report as below for your similar situation. Did you see this link

Another solultion is see this thread answered by Michael.. You can create two flows like   idoc to file  then file to soap (async sync  where you can use adapter modules ) .. then soap response can be send to file followed by another work flow file to  idoc

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roy,

IDOC Adapter (which is on ABAP stack in your case) does not support Adapter Module So you can not add modules.

Look like the use of SOAP response here is only to know if Webservice processed/received the message.

Check if it is possible that Webservice can call IDOC (with some config you can config Idoc as a Webservice). This way if Webservice didn't receive the response from IDOC, It will it has to try again.

Or Simply config Async Scenario without BPM, If System is down, it will try 3 times (default config).

Thanks,

Sunil Singh