cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled reports are suddenly not able to complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SAP BO 3.1, previously scheduled reports are suddenly not completing.  Reports that took less than a minute to run now fail with Error Message:  Object could not be scheduled within the specified time interval.  I have stopped and restarted the servers and tomcat several times, but nothing will complete.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently there were multiple instances spawned and even after stopping and starting the servers, the issue repeated itself.  So we not only killed instances at the SAP BI/BO servers, but also the "orphan" jobs from the database itself.  Once cleared, everything kicked off as scheduled.

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Make sure that the start time is earlier than the end time to the report while scheduling.

If it is, create new schedule and check the same.

Regards,

Onkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done that and rescheduled several of the reports.  Then one report I have runs every half-hour and previously only took 4 seconds to run.  Now it just spins and never returns.  Also, the same issue now occurs with any of the ad hoc reports. 

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the report completes successfully after half hour?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it does not complete after 30 minutes.  But at the 20 minute setting, in reviewing the scheduled report history, I just get the failure message as noted in this initial issue.

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this report work from Crystal report designer?

Does this report work if you View on demand?

Change the end time to year 2025 and check again.

Have a look at following SAP KBAs:

1568239 - After DST change Schedules fail in Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 with: Object could n...

1448881 - Multiple instances spawned after daylight savings time change