Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Runtime exeception after deploying PAR file in portal

Hi ,

I am facing an issue during the deployment of PAR file in our  Quality portal. I have download the PAR file from the system-->import to the NWDS--> did the modification (only to the properties files as part of my requirement) -->Export as PAR file. I then undeploy the previous earlier PAR file and then upload the modified PAR file in portal. When i test the application , i received portal runtime error.

I have also tried by downloading the PAR file for the same application from the production portal and tried importing to Quality system without making any modification to the PAR. I still face the same issue.

Due to this issue, i am not able to bring the application back as its not getting deployed properly. Can anyone help me on this.

Regards

Ray

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ray,

Are you sure your file is getting deployed properly. Can you verify if the time stamp of the PAR file is getting updated on each deployment or after you upload it through Portal.

Also, please check the PAR file (size and it's contents by unzipping the PAR file) that you've downloaded from PROD and deploying on QAS to ensure that the file is not corrupted by any means during downloading.

You can also ask your BASIS team to provide the PAR file directly from PROD server and try to upload it on QAS instead of you downloading it from PROD portal.

Also, you can follow the below steps to download the PAR file yourself from PROD portal with Administrator ID:

Browse to the following location : System administration->Support->Portal Runtime->Browse deployment->ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp

1. Find and Identify the PAR file and Copy the name of PAR file.

2. Click on view instead of download link to save the PAR file. Keep the name of PAR file same while saving with .par extension.

3. Deploy this file on QAS Portal.

Please let us know the results.

BR,

Anurag

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question