cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime exeception after deploying PAR file in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing an issue during the deployment of PAR file in our  Quality portal. I have download the PAR file from the system-->import to the NWDS--> did the modification (only to the properties files as part of my requirement) -->Export as PAR file. I then undeploy the previous earlier PAR file and then upload the modified PAR file in portal. When i test the application , i received portal runtime error.

I have also tried by downloading the PAR file for the same application from the production portal and tried importing to Quality system without making any modification to the PAR. I still face the same issue.

Due to this issue, i am not able to bring the application back as its not getting deployed properly. Can anyone help me on this.

Regards

Ray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Generally its the lib files that need to be added into the NWDS project's lib folder.

Right click and open the downloaded par file using winzip. Browse through all the folders to find a folder named 'lib'  You need to copy all the files from here and paste at the exact same folder in your NWDS project structure.

This step is usually required for masthead, colorheader and login par files. I believe you are working on one of it only.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am not customizing any stadard PAR files. I am done customization only to the properties files of our custom par applications. In dev system , its workng fine it is being used by NWDI. but in QA/prod , when i deployed through NWDI , its not getting deployed. SDM says nothing to deploy.

When i check in QA/prod , i found they were deployed manually. So , i download the PAR file from QA and manually did the changes and uploaded to server. Then when i tried to acces, i am getting runtime error.

So as a second approach, I direclty download  the PAR file from production and deployed it in QA without making any changes. Still the same issue.

@Anurag : I have already did the steps mentioned by you but no luck.

Regards

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are using NWDI to deploy or through NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Are you sure your file is getting deployed properly. Can you verify if the time stamp of the PAR file is getting updated on each deployment or after you upload it through Portal.

Also, please check the PAR file (size and it's contents by unzipping the PAR file) that you've downloaded from PROD and deploying on QAS to ensure that the file is not corrupted by any means during downloading.

You can also ask your BASIS team to provide the PAR file directly from PROD server and try to upload it on QAS instead of you downloading it from PROD portal.

Also, you can follow the below steps to download the PAR file yourself from PROD portal with Administrator ID:

Browse to the following location : System administration->Support->Portal Runtime->Browse deployment->ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp

1. Find and Identify the PAR file and Copy the name of PAR file.

2. Click on view instead of download link to save the PAR file. Keep the name of PAR file same while saving with .par extension.

3. Deploy this file on QAS Portal.

Please let us know the results.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

In Dev , i have used NWDI. but when the changes didnt deployed in QA through NWDI, i download the QA PAR file and did changes through NWDS and exported it. Then i manually uploaded it.

After uploading , i  received the exception.

I thought might be some file is missed. So i download the Prodcution  copy and directly uploaded in QA. Then also i am facing the issue.

Regards

Subrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what I am trying to explain you. Download it from Prod, extract and find the lib files. copy everything in the NWDS and export to QA through NWDS only. It should work.

Also, sometimes JAVA/JDK version creates issue. Try to do the same steps from any other machine which may have different version of jdk. I do not remeber the exact version but yes it did happen with me quite some time back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for the reply. I have used the view option to download the file from prod and uploaded in QA. I am now able to bring back the application in QA

But i can see the file size , which i have download from  temp/view option is less than the file size that i have earlier download  through temp/download option.

Its works if i upload the same in QA server. but if i import into NWDS then i can some class reference missing..

Regards

Subrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I will try that and let you know.

Regards

Subrat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

To bring back the application into working condition, please follow the below steps:

1. Download the PAR file which is in working condition (preferrably from PROD Portal).

2. Login to your Quality Portal with Administrator Access.

3. Go to System Administration -> Support -> Portal Runtime -> Administration Console

4. Browse to the location of the PAR file and click 'Upload'

5. You will then get a message that 'Application successfully stored in the PCD'.

In case you still face any issue, please clear the caches and your browser cookies and then try again.

BR,

Anurag

0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

what is the exact exception that you are getting?

check in the default trace file for the exception ID, and the relevant stack trace.

When exporting into PAR file - did you make sure that the name of the PAR file is exactly the same name as it should be (the name of the deployed application)?

Sometimes the export to PAR file changes the name of the PAR file, and then you have in your system the same application within two different PAR files - this of course causes problems.

Thanks & regards,

Michal Zilcha-Lang