cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI 4.1 - Version Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded to SAP BI 4.1.  We were adding our reports to the Version Manager and all was going fine.  All of the sudden we received an
"Add Resource Error: Can't add (said report) because it is locked." The report is not locked and even if we try to "unlock" it we get the message saying you can't unlock a report that isn't locked.  We can't go any further.  It has been two days, multiple reboots and still we can't add anything else to the Version Manager.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using subvesion as your version management or Clearcase?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Subversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Misty,

Restart the Subversion service, and log into the LCM tool again.

Regards,

Ashvin

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your APS is split as per berst practices?

Is this issue happening only for one report or for all the objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to this, and we had a consultant set it all up for us. So, I don't know about the APS being split.  This issue is hapeening for all objects.  I was 2/3 of the way adding all of my reports to the VMS - a few at a time.  Then it suddenly quit working.  I can't add any other objects at all.

I'm also not sure how to restart the subversion service.  I'm reading up on it, but not sure where to find that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Misty,

Go to Tcode SICF, open up the structure and right click on the subversion service and restart it.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Ashvin

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to Servers section and see if you see multiple Adaptive processing Servers. If not Follow the KB article to split the APS.              

1694041  - BI 4.x Consulting:- How to size the Adaptive Processing Server (APS)

You mentioned in your previous post, you did do multiple reboots? You mean rebbots of the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We reboot the PC and the server.  However, we did make some changes since our last reboot. So this afternoon (during a slow period) we will reboot the server again.  We do not have multiple APS.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it in PROD or lower environments? If it is PROD, i would recommend to split the APS based on the above artcile i mentioned.