Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Confirmation Message for UI Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

SAP IDM 7.2 SP8

I have two problems here:

Problem 1: Standard Confirmation Message shows "No data was changed" for UI task where I added privilege to the user and click on Save. Below screenshot shows the confirmation message.

Is it a bug that IDM displays that No data was changed or anyone who do not have this issue ?

Screenshot 1:

Problem 2: I have noticed that Custom Confirmation message for UI Task does not work.

Below I have defined custom confirmation message in IDM Console for a UI Task.

But after click on Submit button, It still displays standard confirmation message that "The task has been executed. No data was changed." See screenshot 3 below.

Is anyone able to define custom confirmation message successfully in IDM 7.2 SP8.

I remember defining it successfully when I worked on IDM 7.1 project .

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Kindly assist.

Thank a lot in advance.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

1. There was a known problem if you have a future assignment you assigning again but you might not see the future assignment. What version are you running on? Can you check the assignment is there for future already.

2. Did you try NoCache parameter (http:host:port/IdM?NoCache)?

Thanks

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for late response.

1. Yes, I see that this comes only for privilege/role which already have future assignment (or no validity to and from) for the user.

If I could get custom confirmation message then I think I would not get "No data was changed" message.

I am using IDM 7.2, SP8.

2. I had tried with NoCache also and this issue continue to occur even after days.

Regards,

Pradeep

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can define on the attribute MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE tab Assignment "Status Filter=all" that all assignments are shown in UI. Thus at least it becomes visible to the user that there is another assignment.

Regarding the message: Can you try putting the message text into the filed directly (not using translated values)?

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

I did it as shown below

But still above custom message is not shown. I had tried with ?NoCache also but still have same issue.

Regards,

Pradeep

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

you do get that message because the stored procedure thinks you did not change any data - means you do not get the confirmation message at all.

Can you tell the exact version of SP8 please? I don't have all the release dates in my mind but I know the issue with the future assignment was just supposed to be fixed in the version released after mid June last year. You should find a build date of RT version in the job logs.

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your effort.

Identity Center Version is 7.20.8.3-DB2-2013-12-05

Version in Job Log: Version DSE.JAR version: 7.2.8.2 Built: 04.12.2013 15:45:13

Regards,

Pradeep