cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Personas experts,

i m trying to include google maps api (embed api).

I successfully implemented that. But if i loaad the location i get a lot of Stuff from Google which i dont need.

For Example this bubbly box in the upper left.

I now want to place a picture on top of google maps picture to hide the box as i find no parameters to tell google not to show the box.

From Web-Design i know its possible to hide things with transparent divs above those things.

So Initially i thought of making a div above the google maps div, so i created a label field and placed it above. (i told the label to be the top most element in personas).

But now google maps wont load the picture.

When i put the label aside the iframe with google maps it works again.

Could you clarify for me what to do?

Regards

Robert Neue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Placing an object on top of the map won't work, due to the way the HTML viewer is implemented in Personas.

According to information from a Personas developer, an HTML viewer is implemented as an iframe floating over a Silverlight ActiveX object. The HTML control has a placeholder in the Silverlight UI which defines a region that will be filled with an iframe (in other words, in Silverlight, they cut a hole and fill this with the iframe).

Normally, a Silverlight placeholder has Z index 0, and when another Silverlight control or popup (menu, message box, etc.) overlaps it, the iframe becomes hidden. That's why you don't see the map when you place your object on top, and the viewer becomes blank, with the text "HTML
control". This is also the reason why the same happens if you hover over an object with a tooltip overlapping the HTML viewer - it will temporarily blank out the HTML content.

In your case, I don't really see a way to avoid those map elements with the dynamic embedded maps because according to the documentation, this Google API doesn't provide a way to do this.

If you can live with a static map, you may look into a different API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

thanks for the answer. If i read correct between the lines, this issue is restricted to silverlight, right?

So by switching to HTML Version of Personas or waiting for Personas 3.0 this problem should be gone, right?

Regards Robert

Answers (0)