Did you mean: 

Role Assignment to Workflow Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any hints on below requirement please :

Details:

1. For a role in transaction PFCG, I don't see the Workflow tab

2. For the same role in transaction SUIM, I can see the Workflow tab and the tasks assigned.

3. Now, I have a list of workflow tasks and I need to assign Role X, Role Y to all of them

What is the correct and best way out to do this

- Role-Task Assignment ::: Is it enough if I add all the workflow tasks in SUIM transaction(workflow tab) for both roles X,Y

or

- Task-Role Assignment ::: Can I assign both Roles X,Y in pftc transaction for each of the workflow tasks

or

- Both need to be done

Thanks in advance ...

~Ali~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. in the starting screen of PFCG press go to->settings and select the complete view - then you will see the workflow tab in the rule maintenance screen.

3. doing the assignment from PFCG to the tasks or PFTC to the roles is the same assignment and can be done in both transaction - do what is easier for the specific requirement. one role linked to many tasks via PFCG, one task linked to many roles via PFTC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ronen.

A few more clarifications please ...

I have a list of WF standard tasks with me and also the corresponding roles to be assigned.

I goto PFTC and do a change , can you please confirm below

1. Transfer missing elements from the object method? Yes/No/Cancel

2. Once I add the roles to WF tasks, do we follow the same procedure i.e. it gets saved under Workbench request and then we transport it to Prod system?

3. Once it moves to Prod, any activity/action to be done to refresh this ?

4. Any other easy alternative (ignorePFCG) as the task list and roles list I have is too long...

Thanks in advance!

~Ali~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Answers for your questions:

1. Transfer Missing Elements: YES

With this step, new elements will create in the task container based on the method container elements and creates the binding b/w them. It is better to choose YES and after that, if you dont require the binding, you can delete it for respective elements.

2. YES, we need to follow the same procedure.

3. Basically production system is having the mandatory configurations like RFC destinations and Classify tasks are general, probably no other activities are required.

4. For this, I am also waiting for other folks reply.

Regards,

Murali Krishna.

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. As Murali said, Yes.

2. You can transfer the links between a role and a task via transports and it's good practice, but this link is actually master data, it is not necessary to do so.

3. If you use transports, no, is't always a good idea to refresh the workflow system buffers (transaction SWU_OBUF) after transport.

4. Usually I set the workflow tasks to 'general task' and use the workflow responsibility rules to determine the recipients of the workflow tasks, this way the assignment to users is done via transaction OOCU_RESP. is again is master data. and there is no need to use links to the authorization roles.

see for example Defining Rules Using Responsibilities - Master Data - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali / Ronen !

One more clarification please

- Is there anyway to check if the task is a general task (other than PFTC tcodes). Any table that can help ?

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table HRP1217 field 'GENERAL'.

Transaction OOCU should be useful as well and you can also assign the attributes there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ronen.

I have a task which has few roles assigned and also classified as General Task.

Now when I try to edit and add a new role, it doesn't allow me to add as it is a general task.

Is this ok or is there a way to assign a new role to it ?

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you set the workflow tasks to 'general task' and use the workflow responsibility rules to determine the recipients of the workflow tasks, this way the assignment to users is done via transaction OOCU_RESP. this again is master data. and there is no need to use links to the authorization roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ronen!

Answers (0)