cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear 7000 negative quants in several warehouse numbers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing the following problem: My client went live five months ago with SAP WM in productive client. Now he realised that there are more than 6500 negative quants in 15 warehouse numbers that need to be cleared, mainly due of not having created TOs from TR or Change Notices. As you may guess this represents an endless effort taking into account that each quant will need individual analisys and different tasks to be solved and to make them consistent with MM stock. So it would not be possible just to create masive TOs from opens TR or Change Notices, because each quant has its own problem.

What do you recommend me ? Any clues on this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder how you can still operate with such a mess in your system.

One option would be to switch of this WM in general and start all over again with a new WM (along with a much increased user training) after a physical inventory in a few months.

The other option is a concerted action to clean this up one by one. There cannot be a general approach for every case. You may have to group the cases and have to develop an approach per group of issue.

In any case it is important to find the real source for the problems, and use these case for training eventually even for a re-design.

But if you restart without having a clear understanding why these problems happened and how to tackle an individual case, then you will just have the same mess a few months after a re-start.

WM is complex, it needs strong commitment from the warehouse crew, deep understanding of physical process and SAP process from the warehouse manager and the consultant.

And the hypercare phase after go-live must be used to tackle the real time issues right when they occur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Jurgen!

You have been very king with your explanation.

I know that the WM crew will have to operate efficiently from now on for sure, they will be received treining specially on to close the whole processes, maily because after searching the cases the main cause of all this mess was that practically they left open the proccesses I mean they did not convert TR or Posting change into TOs.

I have already pondered the second option while I was thinking about switch off the WM numbers, but I have to know how to clear the records that system saved during these months...this is my main doubt or what to do in order to clear all WM records in order to after a couple of months re installed it again...what do you suggest?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue will be solved by clearing negative quants and by giving users special training. Thanks!

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Find the root cause for the negative Quant

2) Inform the management / Educate the user to avoid the same in future

3) Turn off the Existing WM link

4) Perform a count of the stock physically, Compare with the IM stock ( Take management approval for write off, if any difference exist )

5) Create a new storage location assign to the warehouse

6) Upload the reconciled stock data to the new storage location / warehouse

7) Align all your reporting requirement existing as well as new to new storage locaiton / warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! but my dounbt is how to do after turn off the link WM-MM, I mean during that period without WM activities how we will have to proceed to delete the negative quants in the system? Could you please explain in detail point 4) from yr list?

Thanks!

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The one option is using LT01 you can fix the Negative Quant with Positive Quant however for 7000 Quant it is not advisable

Another option is direct table update to remove the negative line item but professional it is not advisable to do direct table update

Hence you have to leave this entry in the existing warehouse and go for a new one

Point 4)

Perform a count physically (paper based) in the warehouse and then check with the system (IM stock) and if any difference exist then write off the stock in IM and then upload the reconciled stock in the new storage location / warehouse

Also you need to highlight the management that if there are any report where they are fetching the transactional historical data from WM table (eg. LTAP/ LTAK) won't be available in the new warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if we choose to turn off WM for a while, wht we would do is lter re implement wm again but with another WM number? And remain the negative quants in tables of the current WM number?

Please let me know...thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not just negative quants, you have as well all the positive quants and all open and closed TRs, TOs and PCNs. Once you cut the connection it is just dead and must not be used anymore. The restart has to be with a new WM number (customizing needed)  An experienced consultant may do some cleanup later at table level for the old WM.

But even switching WM off has to be done in a very organized way, since open deliveries need to be cancelled and re-created as they expect to be picked with WM and you cannot fulfill them by picking in MM only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly refer the below OSS Note which explains the procedure of removing negative quants.

KBA: 1839053 - Negative Quants in the interim storage types