Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 : SSO to multiple BW Systems

hans_segers
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm setting up SSO To BW.

From one BI Platform, I want to setup SSO to two BW systems (called "BID" or "BIP")

- I created the keystore file and certificiate

- I imported the certificate file cert.der in the two BW systems.

What is the System ID we have to enter in the CMC : BID or BIP ?

Many thanks

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yuvarajponnusamy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

The System ID when importing the certificate is the System ID for your BI4 Server - you assign it. Don't use the BW System ID.The System ID on the CMC is the System ID from your BI4 server that you assigned while importing the certificate.

Regards,

Yuvaraj

hans_segers
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

thanks Yuvaraj, we changed the System ID to a different value. I didn't know it could be whatever value.

The problem still is : the SSO only works in this scenario :

user from BID --> SSO connection to BID

user from BIP --> SSO connection to BIP

It is not possible to connect : user from BID --> SSO connection to BIP

Do you know what the reason can be for that ?

many thanks

Hans

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not work. coz BIP will handle SSO request only for BIP users only.

it might work if the same user in present in both the ENV and there alise are sync. but that's just an assumption.

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

The system ID actually corresponds to the system id created in the ACL entry on the BW server, the three locations need to match.

In order for the users to cross bw systems they will need shared aliases to the two systems.

-Josh

hans_segers
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Many thanks for your reply.

The SSO to the two systems works. I did it by creating an account in the CMC, containing 3 aliases :

- Enterprise Alias

- SAP Alias : of the user in BID (the Development SAP system)

- SAP Alias : of the user in BIP (the Production SAP system)

I log on to all tools (Design Studio, BI Launch Pad, Web Intelligence Rich Client, ...) using Enterprise authentication.

Is this the way to go for all users in the system ? Is this what you mean with "shared aliases to the two systems" ?

I have noticed that the Enterprise alias is really required.

If this is the way to go, then we have the next issue : we have more than 1000 users. I do not see how we can automate the manual step of assigning aliases (expect SDK development that I want to avoid)

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Hans

former_member184512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Please let us know the steps which you have followed to resolve issue.

Even we are facing same issue.

Thanks in advance.

hans_segers
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi S J,

Do you mean the issue of assigning aliases to a large number of users ?

Hans

former_member184512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Looking for "one BI Platform, I want to setup SSO to two BW systems "

Actually we have X BI system and users from Y BW system want to have SSO and also users from Z BW system also want to have SSO to X BI system.

I tried to import same certificate to both Y and Z BW system, I am not able to do SSO from Z system

Not sure what I missed

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

We are planning to connect two BW systems to one BO. We have already established the SAP SSO & Windows AD authentication for one BW system to BO. Now, we want to connect the other BW system to the same BO system. In our case, same users are present in both the BW systems.

We do have windows AD authentication set up with BO. Can you please provide the steps to be followed to establish the SSO for the second BW system?

Advance Thanks,

David

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

All you need to do is add the certificate to the other BW system as you did the first... that's all.

You need to connect the second BW system to BO as well and map roles of course.

-Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jose for your quick reply.

We have multiple projects (BW upgrade, BPC, FSCM implementation & etc) going on and have complex landscape (16 source systems are connected BW!). So, we have 3 BW DEV systems with same SID with different hostnames to support the projects and production support.

For example,

System Name     SID          Hostname

BW DEV1             BWD       HName1    - This system is connected already to BO with SAP&AD SSO

BW DEV2            BWD       HName2    - Yet to be connected

BW DEV3            BWD       HName3    - Yet to be connected

So, When I try to create a new SAP Entitlement system for BW DEV 2, I am unable to create new one even though I am specifying new hostname with the same system SID name (BWD)). Any advise will be highly appreciated.

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure you'll be able to connect multiple systems with the same SID. I have not tried that. Best to create a new post for it.

-Josh

Answers (0)