cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway OData service on multiple clients (IDES)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have ERP 6.0 EHP7 SP1 IDES version of SAP Business Suite standard installation with NW 7.41 embedded. I am using NW Gateway (backend, not HUB deployment) to expose Odata web services. I have managed to expose and read data on client 001, where i also made all the customizing neccessary to enable the NW Gateway, maintain system aliases etc..

Now, since all the demo data for IDES is in client 800, i don't know how to configure NW Gateway and system aliases so that i can expose data from client 800. I have searched for an answer to this a lot, but most of the information i could find was for a HUB deployment.Also, if i login to client 800, i can see that the customizing settings for NW Gateway are not there. So i have a couple of questions:

1. How do i set-up my NW Gateway and system aliases to expose data also from client 800?
  2. Aren't gateway customizing settings cross-client? How come the gateway is disabled in client 800 but enabled in 001 on the same system?
  3. If not, how do i configure the gateway in client 800, where do i set the HTTP port etc.

I am quite new to SAP / NW, so sorry if what i'm asking is something stupid.

Regards,

Primož

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Primoz,

did you receive an answer to your question? I have the same question.

Best regards

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo, i didn't get any answer (i guess SAP considers this too basic a question ). I did however manage to retrieve data from client 800, using the web service configured in client 100.

This can be achieved with the sap-client parameter:

http://mysap/my_service_path/MySet/?sap-client=800&filter=...

This way you are returing data from client 800. But how to have a dev/prod scenario on a single embedded deployment, i have yet to find out. By this i mean how to have a service definition in client 100 that you can transport to client 800 (using ie. SCC1) on demand, so these two clients can use different service definitions. Altough i did transfer ws configuration from 100 to 800 using SCC1, looks like you have to set-up the aliases in a right way to achieve the above and i don't know how.

Hope it helps in any way, i was on a long "vacation" from SAP, and i just started dealing with this problem again .. If i find anything i Will let you know, you can do the same of course

Regards,

Martin