cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program to re-schedule process chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please help me in knowing if there is any program for re-scheduling process chains.

In our project we have several process chains to be re-scheduled during the time of outage/maintainance.

Example: Suppose we have have a process chain XXX1 with start date 12.09.2014 and start time 15:00. Via program if I give the process chain name

and re-schedule date at 13.09.2014, then the process chain should be scheduled to 13.09.2014.

Please help me in this. It will reduce the manual work.

Thanks In Advance!!

Regards,

Roopa KS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help!!

Suppose if I want to create a customized program to reschdulechains based on data and timings.

How can this be achived.

Can you please share your ideas.

Regards,

Roopa KS

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Roopa ,

As per my knowledge we dont have such program which reschedule the process chain automatically .

I have done this things manually in all of my previous project.

But one thing which u can do is that use user defined calendar for all the process chains. Like make a calender X5 with restriction (does not run on 1st two days of each month or quarter). In this way u can avoid descheduling/unscheduling & Rescheduling during system down time.

But it is only possible where system outage / downtime is well planned. Like if we know that system is going to be down on 1st day of each month or like that.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Plz try FM RSPC_API_CHAIN_SCHEDULE and give the period as 1, so that it will trigger from the next day. you can cross check in the scheduled jobs... but again this it not not bulk, we have to go one by one.

if you want some mass processing, you can create custom program by callign this..Plz check and let us know if this works.

Regards,
Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

I tried using the above function module. When i use this the process chain is automatically triggered and scheduled to next day.

but if I change the periodic values to 2 or any other values.. there is no impact

Regards,

Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Yes period is for boolean values i guess. actually i thoughy you jsut wanted to reschedule the process chains as per the scheduling..isn't it?

that's what this program does.

Regards,

Sakthi

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if process chain is failed due to some errors reschedule the PC.

alredy you scheduled the PC 12.09.2014 but why you required the resehedule the PC again 13.09.2014.

PC running daily or day by day?

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I have many process chains which should not run on particular date due some particular system maintainance.

only those selecive process chains I have to reschedule to some date. for this I have to do manual work by changing the date and timings. Instead of that I am looking for any table or program where I can change the date and timings by giving all the process chain names.

Regards,

Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

i not sure but the table RSPCVARIANT can help you if you can modify from there.

regards,

Ashvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa refer this document:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

Please find the below link, which might help you

Unconventional way of Dealing with Jobs during Upgrades with the help of programs

Regards,

Roopa KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

the link which you mentioned is helpful for you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

RSPC_API_CHAIN_START is used to trigger a process chain immediately regardless of the chains scheduling settings.

Else to reschedule a process chain, you can create user events in SM62; see george comment in the discussion below:

Refer to the link below to de-schedule or reschedule jobs/process chains in SAP in single shot using programs:

Regards,

Ashvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Ashvin,

The blog by Laksh tells about deschduling all process chains at the time of upgrade.

Is there anyways for re-scheduling for particular process chains, to specific date and time.

Regards,

Roopa

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As my guess there is such program or function module.

So you have to go by manual, change scheduled date and time for every chain.

You may have more chains, note the down existing chains into excel.

Based on your team size, split the count and start doing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exacly the same procedure we are following and it is consuming more time.

So I am looking to make the work automated.

Thanks and Regards,

Roopa KS

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,its manual work and time consuming one.But we this is only way to handle.

We did the same at my previous project for quarterly maintenance to take snap shot data for CRM/SD data.