cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving DSO very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are facing a issue archiving objects in BW. We are archiving DSOs.

Our problem is the following:

We start to archive a new object (DSO) it lasts a special time. When the weeks are passing and we continue archiving more slices the times start to be worse. The time each day is longer and longer.

I don´t know if there is any kind of maintenance in tables, logs, etc for archiving process. It seems that if we archive, some table starts to full and the times start to degradate.

Do you know how we can mantain or to control these times?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Has someone the same problem? I hope there is some table to maintain.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joes,

It seems, the deletion phase taking time(i.e selective deletion on DSO). per your comment, the copy and verification phases are quite faster comparatively

since the selection deletion happening based on your date/month fields, it is taking time due to non_ primary keys .so may be secondary index on these time fields would improve selection deletion phase i guess

i never tried this, you may need to check this.

Regards,

Sakthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I understand you but our problem isn´t there. When we start to archive the times are correct, but when many slices are archived in the same object these times start to decrease.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joes,

Are you using ADK method or NLS method?

there should be some parameters in the receiving side..the write would be taking time, you can trace the logs and check why its taking time?

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

thanks for you answer.

IM using ADK mode.

i Don't know how explain the logs.

most of time iinside the log is when change of status from 50 to 55. It's after of write and before to start to delete.

regards.