cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my direct messages lost from my communications?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Support team and other fellow members

I have noticed this some months ago but today I again found the same that my direct messages are not there in my communication tab. I had a conversation with some member few months back which I want to check now but it is not there I filtered with Direct Messages only in my communications but it was not there. It seems like there is some expiry date or something for direct messages? Why this is so? Why can't we see our previous history?

Thank$

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for some SCN team member's comments. could you please comment on this.

Thank$

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If not through communications, try through the alternative SCN search:

1. Login to SCN
  2. Go to http://scn.sap.com/search.jspa
  3. Search for a keyword relevant to the conversation or, in lieu of a wildcard, the letter a
  4. When the results appear, click the direct messages tab
  5. You can also restrict the results to a specific person
moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasson

Thank you for answering this thread. So it means direct messages are always there in DB. We can't view these in communication after some weeks but we can view these using search.

Thank$

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I can't confirm if they should remain in the comm tag longer or not but they do remain in the DB and it's just a matter of getting them out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. There is some expire date for all communication activity..

My observation that is past one month *(past 30 days).

It will show you communication for past 30 days and it is applicable also for other two 'mention and shares'.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Dev it looks like this but my concern is why this is so? How can we save that coversation for some future use. I can see my 2 years old conversation on some other site. There must be some direct message faciclity which must save forever. What do you say?

Thank$

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would be great.. You should place the Idea in idea place.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah I think I should but I am waiting for more responses here from some SAP mentors as well. Letss see what is the logic behind this expiry thing.

Thank$