cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting exception after upgraded to .net framework 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m using Visual Studio with Crystal Reports 9 to create a Windows Form.  I’ve changed the “Target Framework” of my project from 3.5 to 4.0.  After that, I’ve started to receive an exception when I try to run my report. The exception says:

“Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.”

The strange thing is that this does not happen ALL the time.  It usually gives that exception, but ones in a while the report runs fine.  What is causing that?

Thanks so much.

Aron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aron,

by Crystal reports 9 do you mean 9.0 file version?

If yes, then you should upgrade Crystal version because CR 9 does not support .NET framewor 4.0 or 3.5 or 3.1 or even 2.0.

See the compatibility chart.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?original_fqdn=wiki.sdn.sap.com&pageId=56787567

With VS 2010 / 2012/ 2013 use SAP Crystal reports for Visual Studio SP10.

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In your app.config file add this line:

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

PS - if you searched on the error you would have found multiple posts on how to fix that error.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you make sure you have the right version of the SDK as Bhushan outlined, one of the things that you need to be sure to do with the .NET 4.x framework is to go to the properties for each of the CrystalDecisions references and set "Embed Interop Types" to false.  By default this is set to True.

-Dell