cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOP 5 , Ranking using .UNX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I' searched and found quite some posts on how to get the TOP N in design studio. The problem is all of them use BEx datasources of HANA.

I'm currently using an .unx. I have no access to the universe designer, I'm just a report designer and I wonder how I can get a TOP N or LOW N in Design studio.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Bram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All, In the query filter pane in the filter option part, the 4th button allows to add ranking in the query..

So the ranking option is available on query level not in Design studio itself (initial view)..

The sorting it self then has to be done in the initial view

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For now as I'm creating a POC, I'm able to manually filter out the TOP / BOTTOM 5 elements.

I first sort in the initial view and then manually apply a filter on those values.. Since this is not dynamic I thought asking the question was in order

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

no issue with asking - I had this question already, try out the script. this is more "dynamic".

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is indeed interesting tpic - especially as long design studio does not support top / bottom conditions.

Please check the script example, perhaps it will help you to get there.

Of course, you need to make a "manual" visualization - some 5 panels, with texts, value etc.

I hope this helps you.

regards, Karol