Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03 is not compatible with SAP IQ 16.0 SP08

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a serious problems and errors while bulk loading data into SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 via SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03.

I have created a Data Store (Sybase IQ 16.X type) inside SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03 for my SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 database. Then I have created a sample Data Flow with SAP IQ table as data target. When I bulk load data into this table (with default Target table bulk load options - BINARY format is checked) I get an ACCESS_VIOLATION error. I found somewhere that this a known bug in SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 version. For that reason I have installed all 3 patches for that version but it didn't solved the problem. By the way in SAP IQ 16.0 SP01 version Bulk Load in BINARY format works correctly.

Then I have unchecked the BINARY format (this means that the Bulk Load will work in ASCII format) and executed the Job. ACCESS_VIOLATION error disappeared but another error have been displayed - Sybase IQ Syntax error near 'BLOCK'. I have discovered that this is due to the incorrectly formed SAP Data Services Bulk Load statement. The fact is that SAP Data Services includes BLOCK SIZE operator in Bulk Load statement when BLOCK SIZE part was discontinued and not supported since IQ 15.2 version. By the way SAP Data Services creates correct Bulk Load statement for IQ 16.0 SP01 version.

The workaround could be to delete (make empty) Block size (bytes) field in SAP Data Services IQ Target table Bulk Loader Options window. But the problem is that this field is not editable anymore and there is no way to change or empty it's value. By the way SAP Data Services 4.2 SP01 have the same problems with SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 as 4.2 SP03 version but Block size (bytes) field in 4.2 SP01 version is editable and you can apply a workaround for this problem.

SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 is not listed in SAP Data Services 4.2 SP01-03 PAM and all my problems probably are due to this incompatibility (and it's very strange because IQ 16.0 SP08 was release in June and SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03 just in previous or this week). But I must use SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 because this version solved another critical IQ crashing problem and I must use SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03 because it introduced a must feature for me - Data Masking.

Is there any way to use both those versions together? Is there any way to make them work correctly together?

All ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you.

Donatas Budrys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas

SAP development have been made aware of this issue regarding the change in behaviour for

Sybase IQ 16.0 SP8. The workaround you mentioned above can be achieved by exporting the DataFlow as an ATL and changing the section <iq_blk_ldr_block_size>500000</iq_blk_ldr_block_size> to <iq_blk_ldr_block_size></iq_blk_ldr_block_size>, then reimport the ATL.

This workaround isn't ideal but can be used until a permanent fix is delivered, I will share

confirmation of this release once made available.

Regards

Charles

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Charles,

Thank you very much for your answer and provided workaround .

By the way - we can also change the default value of Block size for all newly created tables by executing the following SQL script into the Data Services repository database - update "DBA"."AL_OPTION_DESC" set DEF_VALUE = NULL where option_name = 'iq_blk_ldr_block_size' (of course use it on your own risk ).

Eagerly waiting for standard solution to this problem.

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys

former_member192448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas

A permanent fix will be released at the earliest in Data Services 4.2 SP4.

Regards

Charles

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just FYI - SAP has released SAP Data Services 4.2 SP04. This version officially supports SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 and as I have noticed the Bulk Load statement now is prepared and executed correctly.

Though the Binary Bulk Load still provides and error and Template Table feature still is not working correctly.

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys

0 Kudos

Hi all,

This bug should be fixed in SP2 Patch 3, released yesterday.

Currently we are on SP3 so that's a pity.

ADAPT01734256
Loading data to a Sybase IQ 16.8 server by selecting bulkload and the "Binary Format" option may fail with an access violation. This issue has been fixed in this release. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas,

We had the same issue and your solution worked for me up to a point. Did you use the auto correct load feature to cater for existing values in your target table? I found that the bulk insert worked now but the it doesn't look like the update/insert effect is working.

Did you have the same issue?

Regards

Jaco

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Jaco,

No, I didn't use the auto correct load feature. I was having an issues only with Bulk Load.

Currently the workaround is helping me but waiting for the correction from SAP.

Regards,

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas,

Thanks for the quick response. Ye I am trying to use the Bulk Load, with the auto correct load feature to cater for updates (as it seems even if i use the MAP operation and split out the updates) on SP8 its not doing the correct SQL.

I am however still on DS 4.2 SP1 so don't know if SP3 would help with some of this.

If i get feedback from SAP will send through the information.

Regards

Jaco

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jaco, for your update.

Looking forward your feedback.

Best regards,

Donatas

0 Kudos

I can tell you based on experience that the bulk load issue is not fixed in SP3.

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Hans,

More on this - besides that it wasn't solved in SP03, even more - we can't modify Block size field in SP03 anymore - this field is just disabled.

Thanks,

Donatas Budrys

0 Kudos

Exact the same issue here.

It's a shame that the development teams of BODS and IQ do not collaborate with each other.

I have filed an issue about this at SAP support, and their answer is that SP08 isn't supported with BODS currently, and that's the end of the story for now.

Main problem is that SP08 is the only IQ version that is supported on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Hans,

Yes, indeed BODS and IQ teams should work more closely together. So that we won't encounter such problems.

By the way, the good thing is that there is a workaround for this issue - please see the discussion above.

Have a nice day and let's hope that the REAL solution would be provided soon.

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys