cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create User in SMP3.0 without admin rights

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am facing following task. In SMP 3.0 i am able to create a new user with admin rights like described in the blog

But i want to create a user without full administration rights. Background is that customer want to have a look at registrations for his mobile app. How can we create such a user in SMP3.0 cockpit? Any ideas? I did not found any documentation about roles/profiles for SMP3.0 😞

Kind Regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I can see only 3 different roles in this document (Administrator, Notification, Impersonator) but no where it is mentioned about READ ONLY or monitor kind of role.

I remember there is MonitorRole in SAP control center 2.3

Lets hear from others on this.

Rgrds

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

thanks for the documentation link. I will have a deeper look at it, maybe there are new suggestions for the issue. Otherwise i will wait for further replies 🙂

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We do not have user management feature in Admin cockpit in SMP3.0

Read only user role for Admin cockpit is a feature we are working in SP05 release

But there is no way to create any users in SMP 3.x right now.

The user requested to create during install, is for running the service on the windows machine as. we don't want to run the SMP service as local admin users, so we ask either you create a user with minimum access (as described in official docs) or let the Installer create that user for you.

Hope this answers the questions/concerns

thanks

shobha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobha,

thanks for the clarification! So we will looking forward for SP5.

Kind Regards

Robert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you share more info about your query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jk,

With this Role, can user will be able to disconnect Mobile user from SMP 3.0 Server say Work Manager application.

We have a requirement where we need to create a user with limited access say he should only be able to disconnect Mobile user from Users tab.

Thanks,

Madhur

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Helpdesk user is only for READ only, he can't do any administrative work.

We have a requirement where we need to create a user with limited access say he should only be able to disconnect Mobile user from Users tab.

Creating a Helpdesk user wont help you for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JK,

Is there any way we can achieve this?

"We have a requirement where we need to create a user with limited access say he should only be able to disconnect Mobile user from Users tab."

Thanks,

Madhur

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ideally this is admin related job. I doubt if it is possible.

Lets call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

There is no way to do this in SMP 3.x admin cockpit as of now.

if this is a feature request please present this request with use cases to our PM

thanks a lot

shobha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert, Hi Shobha,

We have similar requirement of creating users with only Users Tab. As per above response i see that its not possible with SMP 3.0 SP04.

Can any one confirm?

Thanks,

Madhur

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

Yes, i can confirm about "Read only user role in Admin" feature is not there in SP04.

As SP05 is available now in the market place, you can try with this. Default Logical Roles in SAP Mobile Platform - Administrator - SAP Library

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JK,

Do you know if with this Helpdesk Role.. User who has this role can disconnect the logged in user from Server.

Thanks,

Madhur