Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy past values of formulas

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question concerning the BEX. I am looking for the most simple way to perform a modification.
Let’s take the following example:

When I don’t have any contract number (red part) I have to suppress the figures in green and affect them to G/L part in the bottom of the query:

Example:

The THC (-5) has to be affected in G/L THC in blue.

Are they any options in designer I can use or I have to use custom user exit?

Thanks for your support.

Amine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

You may try using cell definitions. You add contracts to the columns right? What comes to my mind is; first create a RKF1 (add totalTO and add contract having values other than #) add another RKF2 (add totalTO and add contract having values #) Create a formula to sum them up and hide the RKFs. Then go to the cells tab, for RKF2 select each cell for the green part in your screenshot and add a formula as 0. and for each cell (in blue part of your screenshot) create a selection for the amount to be shown. I know it is too complicated, I hope I could explain well.

Regards

Yasemin...

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Thanks for your answer

Your solution seems to be nice, in fact it's complicated but i think it's more due to my level in the BEX, until now, i have designed more simple queries.

I have a question please:

Yasemin ULUTURK wrote:

Create a formula to sum them up and hide the RKFs.

Is there any insctructions in the formulas that allows to hide the RKF?

Thanks.

Amine

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Sorry for complicating it. I only meant not to display the RKFs in the run time. You can hide any kyf (restricted or selection or calculated doesn't matter) from the display properties. (You have already done to actual and forecast values in your screenshot). I meant that you are going to use these RKFs in the formula so only make the formula as visible.

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Yasemin,

I will do some tests with your suggestions.

To answer the question in your previous message :

Yasemin ULUTURK wrote:

You may try using cell definitions. You add contracts to the columns right?

Contract is used in the query as a free characteristic.

The display in my first message (bex analyzer screen) is because I changed the query properties by putting contract and period in the column and PNL in the row.

For your proposed solution, do I have to keep contract in free characterstics or add it in rows or columns?

Thanks.

Amine

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

You can add it to columns or leave it as a free characteristics, your RKFs will work depending on the values of contract, if you want to see them by contract keep it in the columns.

Regards

Yasemin...

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasmin,

I have some questions regarding your proposal:

Hi Amine,

You may try using cell definitions. You add contracts to the columns right? What comes to my mind is; first create a RKF1 (add totalTO and add contract having values other than #) add another RKF2 (add totalTO and add contract having values #) Create a formula to sum them up and hide the RKFs. Then go to the cells tab, for RKF2 select each cell for the green part in your screenshot and add a formula as 0. and for each cell (in blue part of your screenshot) create a selection for the amount to be shown. I know it is too complicated, I hope I could explain well.

Regards

Yasemin...

Actually, there is already a cell tab (see screenshot below). The issue is there is no documentation of this query, so i am having troubles to understand its functionning

What is the difference between the sign in blue and red?

Actually, what you proposed (the formula with the zero), is already done. when i double click the red cell, i got this:

Could you explain please what that means?

Thanks.

Amine

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

"What is the difference between the sign in blue and red?"

Blue: When you double click on a cell it creates a reference point for that cell. the value of that cell is the same as calculated in the formula . Then you can use this reference in other formulas.

Red: You can write a formula for each cell.

Cell definition tab behaves like excell. The main difference here is you have to define any cell as blue cells to use that cell in a formula. The blank cells all are calculated with the formulas in rows/columns tab.

The red cell defined as 0 is consistent with the first screenshot you have shared. In that I can see that the values under Sales in Tons are 0.

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasmin,

There is something i don't understand. The cell tables is generated automatically?

Thanks.

Amine

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amine,

Cells tab is seen only when there are structures both in rows and columns. When you add a structure to rows and another to columns you will see the cells tab with empty cells. Then for each cell you can define either a formula or a selection or create a reference point for that cell. You can get more information about cells from google.

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Yasemin,

Thanks a lot for you explanations.

I made some searchs, it's not clear yet for me but i will continue.

Amine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To complete my message, here a view form my query:

Thanks.

Amine