cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer Process for 0WBS_ELEMT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I would like to create data transfer process from 0WBS_ELEMT_ATTR data source to 0WBS_ELEMT InfoObject. When I try to create the DTP, I got message: 'Source and target have not been linked with a transformation'. And I need to generate a default transformation. But, they are linked... What's wrong with my transformation? It is default BI Content structure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

timkorba
Participant
0 Kudos

All you have to do is right click on the DataSource and choose migrate (with export).  You will want to migrate the transfer rules first to a transformation as once you migrate the DataSource, the transfer rules will no longer be available.  Once you migrate and activate the DataSource, it will be included in a transport.  Hope this helps.  I can send you a document on how to do this step by step if you need it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The icon infont of datasource itself indicates its a 3.x version DS.

Replicate datasource and right click --> mIgrate.

If this does not work, delete transfer rules between DS --> IS and IS --> IO.

Relogin to RSA1 and select your datasource --> Migrate. This should work.

Otherwise, delete datasource, and install freshly from RSA1 --> BI content --> Object Types -->  Datasource 3.x and migrate this newly installed DS

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mat,

Your data source in 3.x. You need to migrate to 7.x by using T code - RSDS, menu data source--> migrate 3.x to 7.x.

Once you migrate data  source to 7.x then you can easily create dtp.

Red mark --TRCS 0WBS_ELEMT_CRM_ATTR-->IOBJ OWBS_ELEMT (its in 7.x version, no blue dot mark)

Green mark - 0WBS_ELEMT 0WBS_ELEMT_ATRR(Its in 3.x and have blue dot mark) - so here dtp not possible.

So migrate your data source to 7.x and then create dtp. it will allow you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think 0WBS_ELEMT_ATTR DS is in version 7 in my case: when I try to migrate it, using RSDS, I got error: DataSource 0WBS_ELEMT_ATTR is not a 3.x DataSource.

What's more, I can create new transformation for this DS, and it will be like the one marked red by you.

So the only one option is to create new transformation? I can't use existing one, from BI Content, to create DTP?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From you screen shot showing 0wbs_elemt_attr in 3.x as per the blue mark.

Just log off from bw server and relog in.

go to RSA1-->data source and see, now blue mark might be vanished for your data 0wbs_elemt_attr.

if not 7.x then, replicate 0wbs_elemt_attr from source and use RSDS version while replicate.

that will comes as 7.x data source.

from screen shot, for your data source you already have transfer rules, so you need to migrate them Or you can create custom one, do manual mapping.

first search at BI content, whether its have transformations and dtp. if yes then install them.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To get the DTP you need to be 7.0 version flow, as expert explain you are still 3.5 version. Lots of documents are there to know about this. Migrate the data Datasource and flow.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/608c815f-178d-2e10-1a90-dd067ec5f...