Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedule delivery qty issue in source inspection process

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue : System is blocking GR if any one of the schedule delivery qty is rejected against same PO.

System been used : Source inspection process.

Issue in details:

We create PO for 3000 kg with delivery schedule as 1000kg on 12th sept, 1000 kg on 13th sept and 1000 kg on 14th sept and save it.

Then we go to QI07 and create three inspection lots against this PO. So during user decision if we reject any one of the inspection lot then whole PO get block for GR, system should allow to do GR of 2000kg but it is not allowing, it say material is blocked for quality.

Kindly resolve my issue

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Stdn, no way is possible for your requirement except direct GRN w/o Source inspetion.

But to meet with your requirement you need to take the technical help and modify the function calling during creation of source inspection lot and there you need to skip the logic of block-GR for partial one or say the effect of control key for remaining partial qty.( You need to discuss the same with MM also while building the logic).

May be to meet with your new logic you need to maintain one Z- table where, you need to define your control key and one indicator field "Allow GRN for partial qty". if this indicator field is active then system will not consider the stdn customization setting of control key and apply the table maintenance setting for partial qty of PO.( This table u need to call in Function and then write logic accordingly.)

first test in Dev server, i am sure it works.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Shailendra and Anand.

Your business has set parameters around this process that you cannot resolve on your own via QM.  (i.e. the no change to external software requirement).  Anytime you integrate systems it takes two to tango usually.

To control your process as you want will take significant development and testing and careful design.  Not someting we can give you a great amount of help with since we really don't know the finer details of your business or your thrid party software and what it does or is used for.

Craig

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Waiting for the replies

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First.. you need to give people time to respond.. we aren't all sitting on the edge of our chairs waiting for the next question to pop up.  Especially on Friday when many consultants are wrapping up to make flights or drive home.

You leave out some important details.  Your issue could be caused by a couple of things.

- Is the material batch managed?

- are you recieving in the same vendor batch at each subsequent receipt?

- Is the "documentation required" flag set in the QM view of the material master?

- is there a status profile assigned and what are the steps and requirements?

- has the first lot been fully processed, (i.e. UD and stock posted), before the second receipt?

Craig

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

Issue has become very critical in our firm thats the reason I was eagerly waiting for the reply. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. However please find my reply to your asked questions.

1. No the material is not batch management

2. No vendor sent other material or else rectified the rejected material at his end.

3.no documentation not required.

4. No status profile assigned as we dont know the use of status profile

5. Yes first lot was fully processed by declaring it as rejected material in UD and stock does not get posted in source inspection process.

Hope this reply will help you to resolve my issue.

Regards,

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What error message are you getting at the time of GR? Alternatively, check below path

QCC0 > QM in Logistics > QM in procurement > Define control keys

Double click on the same control key which is maintained in material master for this material code.

Under GR/Source inspection control - check - (X) Goods receipt not allowed is set. If yes change it to no effect on goods receipt.

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi anand,

But we want to restrict GR if the material is rejected. But here if the material is partial rejected for schedule delievery quantity then in that case system restrict the other approved qty also.

Regards,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you can accomplish what you want because you are not using a batch managed material.  I don't know a work around for your specific situation, (i.e. a rejection of a partial receipt).

I would suggest that to confirm this, you submit an OSS note on this.  I would be very interested to hear SAP's response.  I believe they'll say it's working as designed and that partial receipt rejection for multiple GR's against a purchase order item, (non-batch managed), is not supported.

You might want to look at making this a batch managed material and using an agreed upon batch number for all receipts.  i.e. something like GEN_9999.  Then you can make the setting to allow additonal receipts regardles of source lot.

Craig

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

System works perfectly right here. If you have a control key which controls the GR for the source inspection and the subsequent quantity is rejected it wont allow you to do GR against the same PO again.

Source Inspection is exactly meant to do that with given controls.

Now let me know as per you how the system should behave.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Our business requirement is a follow:

1. Checking should happen before GR.

2. System should restrict the GR if the material is rejected.

3. System should allow GR for partial approved material and restrict GR for partial rejected material against same PO.

4. Rejected quantity material PO should get open to take GR for replacement of rejcted material of same PO.

This all requirement I have to met for my management without fail in this month.

Regards,

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I doubt whether you can do this using source inspection. Now let me give you another option which will be manual in nature.

1. Checking should happen before GR. - Make use of manual inspection(89 type)

2.  System should restrict the GR if the material is rejected. - Do not release the quantity in quality info record if the material is rejected.

3.System should allow GR for partial approved material and restrict GR for partial rejected material against same PO - Release the required quantity in quality info record so that the GR can be done only for those quantities. A normal 01 inspection type lot will be created.

4. Rejected quantity material PO should get open to take GR for replacement of rejcted material of same PO - You can make use of 122 movement type in the lot so that GR can be done for the rejected quantity as well.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

All my 4 points are one requirement they are not different. And release qty is not fixed it keep on changing. Please find more clarity for my question :

Our management requirement is to restrict the GRN against the purchase

order for all rejected materials. To meet this requirement we have

activated source inspection process in quality server for a material and is working fine.

But the requirement is not getting fulfilled in the scenarios were vendor delivers partial qty of material against purchase order. We have certain vendor who deliver partial qty due to capacity constraints and later after fews day delivers the balance qty against same PO. But in

work-list of T-code = QI07 overall qty of PO gets converted to inspection lots.

We want system to give us provision to generate partial inspection lots against the overall PO qty in QI07. Or else if possible please do confirm if there is some other solution

to meet our requirements.

Regards,

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Any more suggestion ?

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think, we need to revisit the requirement from business process point of view and try to understand why it is required. With your latest posting, it seems that source inspection will not serve the purpose here!

The things would be much simpler if you try to adopt normal inspection process after GR. Is there any limitation that you can not afford to go for inspection after GR? If we brainstorm on this, possibly we can come out with ray of hope!

You are anyhow investing inspection efforts before GR. I don't think data entry time (for inspection after GR) would be the reason behind this. I also am curious to know if you reject the consignment before GR using source inspection, whether it reaches to your premises? If reaches then how you send back to vendor?

Alternatively 2 stage GR (103 and 105 movement) can help up to some extent. But needs discussion with other stake holders to conclude upon.

Anand

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

We have implementation external software which complete depend upon the movement type. So first reason is that after GR movement will impact the new software external software. We can't rectified new external software as the implementor as completed there work and now there is no support and also management does not want to me disturb the external software. Second reason is that in one day 100 vehicles come in the factory and there is manpower shortage to make the reversal entries and also we dont want to increase the reversval step as there is no space for vehicle to hold.

Regards,

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bit difficult under such circumstances! . It sounds that when the third party software was implemented, QM was not in picture. The situation demands for the similar functionality as that of 01 inspection type but with 0101. Just stretching it further (sorry about that..) movement types will remain same with 01 inspection also. i.e. 101 only.

I shall end up with suggesting 2 ways, either business process needs to be revamped (with respective stake holders discussions) considering SAP process practicalities or you need to think of implementing some high end custom development.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am totally agree with Anand, as everything is not possible in Stdn SAP , either you need to suggest the change management in process or go for development as i suggested you.

It is bit difficult because core module MM is in picture , and you need to take care abt there processes while developing the logic for this requirement.

Regards