cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPMSAVEDATA Function with local member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an Input template where in I have account, Version and time in row/column axis. In accounts I have hierarchial members selected. Besides account I have a local member (Property of Account) to get the base Level account where I want to get the amount posted to. At the end of column I have EPM save function where in I have selected Dummy Account instead of account.

Senario:

Period

Version

ACCOUNT           Dummy Account

Material Ac         6200000(Property of hierarchial account)

When I save, it shows me 2 record saved. 1 against Account and other against Dummy Account.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

"1 against Account" - you are saving to parent account or???

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

One got saved as ACCOUNT and other against dummy account.

The count shows as 2 and then 1 got accepted and the other which was against ACCOUNT got rejected since that is a hierarcial member.

I tried :

=IF(F74="ACTUAL";"";EPMSaveData(F76;;E$76;$F74;$F75;$B$17;$D$61;$D$62;$D$63;$D$64;$D$65;$D$66;$D$67;$D$68;$D$69))

Then it brings only 1 value to save but against account and not against Dummy Account.

Regards,

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

It should be the case and it's working correctly.

One value is saving against EPMSAVEDATA and another one is saving because that Account is an OLAP member.

You can take that Account into page axis and then write it EPMSAVEDATA, it will work correctly.

Regards,

Meenu Bansal

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use EPMReadOnlyData to mark report area as read only. Or just change the report type as report - not the input form. Then only EPMSaveData will work!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

I cannot Change it to Report since the save data button will get disabled. I tried to specify the Report =EPMReadOnlyData("001") as ReadOnly but does not work. The behaviour is same. For just EPMSavedata it prompts as 2 members and with IF condition it prompts only 1 member.

I tried using EPMSaveData formula by specifying ACCOUNT:&(Reference Cell of dummy account). But does not accept.

Regards,

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, show the screenshot of your report! It's unclear how it looks like...

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. And don't mix Sheet option - "use as input form" that enables saving data using EPMSaveData even without report, and particular report option - "use as input form", that affects only specific EPM report, but not EPMSaveData functions.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim

In Column D I have Account which is a Dimension and members are Hierarchial members.

In Column D I have put property of Accounts as GL's to which I want the planned figure to be saved.

In Column BF onwards I have save function written but if i save data F77 it Returns saying 'There is no data to save'

When I save in K Column it gets saved.

In Sheet Options my 'Use as Input Form' is ticket.

In Edit Report-->Options, I have unticked 'Use as Input Form'

Is my understanding correct about your response above....

Just 1 further question:

I have 2 Dimension COst Center and Partner Cost Center which have same members. So there is issue of ambigious members coming up. How can I get over it in EPMSAVEData with out using Pre Fixes.

Regards

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In Sheet Options my 'Use as Input Form' is ticket.

In Edit Report-->Options, I have unticked 'Use as Input Form'" - Yes, I have tested this scenario - the report itself will not save data, only EPMSavedata will save!

If you reference cells with = EPMOlapMemberO(... in your local member then try:

EPMMemberID($A$3)

Where $A$3 contains = EPMOlapMemberO(

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my test I used the following local member formula to write to some fixed account (2020202020704 - can be delivered from property):

=EPMSaveData(EPMPOSITION(2),"INFILE - SIM",EPMMemberID($A$3),EPMMemberID($A$4),"2020202020704",EPMMemberID(C$9),EPMMemberID($A$5),EPMMemberID($A$6))

Vadim

Answers (0)