Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Button on PO screen

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am implemenating some tax solution for a client. Tax code has to be determined in the PO automatically with the help of condition records. Which is working fine. I have created a condition record based upon a material group and when I create PO using same materail group system automatically determines the tax code in the PO line item under invoice tab. However, when I change the material group and enter a group for which no condition record exist system does not refersh the tax code based upon new criteria. By clicking on check button its not updating the tax code according to new material group. How can I get the tax code field refresh?

Regards,

Hina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the OSS Note as mentioned below for question 7 it may help you.

501054 - FAQ: Taxes in purchasing

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mallunath. Really useful links.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please add the standard condition table 359 (Plant/Matl group) to the tax condition access sequence and maintain the condition record with tax code. Test the scenario again with a new PO.

If its a material PO, every time you change the material code (which may change the material group as well automatically) system will redetermine the tax code automatically. The same will work in ME21N as well as in ME22N.

An alternate method is explained in the doc:

through which the tax code can be determined based on MM pricing elements.

In any case, I have doubt regarding the items without material master. You may test the scenario.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the PO is update with tax code based on conditions records which is getting satisfied while creating PO.

Did you saved PO and changed the PO material group?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two more questions:

1. Are you creating a Service PO or only just account assigned PO ?

2. Is it working fine for this new material group which has another tax code ?

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

It applies for both material and service PO. ( please note that for service PO the tax code is at servoce line item level not in the Invoice tab). So lets say I have material group ABC for which tax code is T1 in the condition record and material group XYZ for which tax code is T2 in condition record. Now lets say during creation my line item has ABC and picks up tax code T1. After saving the PO i want to change the material group to XYZ but when I enter this , system does not pick up the tax code T1. It does not referesh it.