cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU without inventory management and message L3778 in storage type 999

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Need suggestion on the process to add inventory of an HU with status 'HU without inventory Management'. This issue has occurred out of the below scenario:

1. our warehouse is HU & WM managed.

2. We have a transfer order for a delivery document requesting to pick up 100 cases of MAT1 which is assigned to HU1.

3. While confirming the transfer order user has confirmed difference for the full quantity of 100 because the SU/HU was not found in the bin.

4. The system has set the status of HU as 'HU without inventory Management'. The HU is empty.

5. system has moved the stock from the bin to difference storage type 999.

Now user has found the stock for this HU and he wants to post the stock back into the bin. system does not allow to move the stock back to bin using LT01 as we get error message 'L3 778'.

What will be the best practice to get the stock back into the bin and post the stock into the same old HU.

Is there a process wherein we can post this stock to another bin and repack into the old HU?

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the stock is available in the partner location then i guess you can use HU02 to pack the material. enter the existing HU number(provided your setting allows you to use the existing number ) in HU number field, Enter the material code , Qty, Storage location, Storage type and Storage bin. Select the HU and select the material and press the pack button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

The stock is still available in the physical storage location at IM level and HU does not have any content because system has emptied the content of HU during difference posting. In WM the stock is available in 999 storage type because we have posted the stock as difference stock during the confirmation of the pick transfer order in the outbound cycle.

As per your suggestion i have tried to transfer the stock to partner storage location so that i can bring back the stock/HU into physical location using HU02. System allowed me to create TO from 999 but i cannot confirm the transfer order to move stock out of 999 storage type for the delivery created for stock transfer because the difference stock that I have posted cannot be picked up as 999 storage type is non SU managed location.

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish on the hint. I was able to transfer stock to partner location and then bring back to original Storage type/Bin. Below steps was used to fixed the issue:

1. Initiate a transfer of stock from WM/HU Sloc where the IM stock resides into Sloc 9099. An outbound delivery is created during this process.

2. Create a transfer order with reference to delivery and pick the stock from 999 storage type.

3. Create a Pick HU using LH01 and assign the HU on the pallet to the transfer order.

4. Confirm the transfer order using LT12.

5. Perform PGI for the delivery.

6. Use HUMO to display the HU and then you can transfer the stock back to WM/HU location using the storage location transfer option available on the HUMO screen(EDIT à change HU posting à Storage location)

7. Perform Bin to bin transfer to move the SU from 921 storage type to putaway the HU/SU back to the destined Storage type/Bin.

Best Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)