Integrate SAP BO XI 3.1 landscapes
I am fairly new to SAP BO world and we are planning for a migration and integration of our 3 SAP BO XI 3.1 SP06 Production landscapes into one.
Environment for Group A: 14 servers in cluster on Windows Server 2003. CMS and Audit DB is on Oracle. User base: ~28000
Environment for Group B: 3 servers in cluster on Windows Server 2003. CMS and Audit DB is on MSSQL. User base: ~1500
Environment for Group C: 2 servers in cluster on Windows Server 2003. CMS and Audit DB is on MSSQL. User base: ~50
Combined Environment for All Groups: 6 servers in cluster on Windows Server 2008. CMS and Audit DB is on Oracle.
The hardware resources (RAM, CPU etc) on these 6 servers will be considerably higher as compared to the current setup.
Apart from a sizing perspective, I am looking for suggestions regarding the possibility of the above migration (Operating system from Win 2003 to Win 2008) and a parallel integration of environments as well.
The approach we see best for now - involves the below steps on a high level:
1. Create new environment after performing capacity exercise to handle load of all 3 existing landscapes.
2. Install BO XI 3.1 SP06 on Windows Server 2008.
3. Migrate the above three instances (from Windows Server 2003 / Oracle - MSSQL) into the newly created BO instance (on Windows Server 2008 / Oracle).
4. Revisit security design, access control in the new instance.
5. Correct any migration issues.
6. Perform comparative testing in terms of functionality and performance with actual production system to confirm migration is successful.
7. After verification, repoint all production reporting to the new environment as a big bang cutover.
With regards to point 3 in particular, I have below clarifications.
- As we are needing a complete system copy in the new instance - a CMS DB copy + FRS share copy would be the best way to go. But in our case we have heterogeneous databases for CMS. So the copy option might not be possible.
- I read Lifecycle Manager (LCM) can be used to copy transfer the objects, but the LCM works efficiently for a small number of objects.
- Import Wizard can be another option, which we are yet to explore.
Please suggest the best option to integrate data from three BO instances on different databases into single BO instance database, without any data loss.
Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding. Any response will be most appreciated.