cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new Account Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we need a new account type in our system.

- For example: a autohaus (car dealer) is a customer. Now we need new objects / new account type which will be a car.

(we are aware of a possibility to use products, but it won't fit the business requirements. Autohaus & car are just explamples for the scn-forum).

We've already created the role "car" & relationships "has car" and "is car of". The issue here, we cannot find the place in the account ui, where the role, not the relationship, can be set.

Now the second issue is. We need a whole new UI for cars. It will be the same one like for accounts (our "autohauses") with exception of some new fields, other fields would be removed. The idea was to copy the account views and work center and modify everything for the "car" later.

We are not sure if our idea is the best way of implementation. In SAP CRM WebUI we would just handle it like that (copy standard ui, make new configuration and modify it). We would like to know what you, cloud experts, think about this implementation idea. If our idea is the best way to follow, second question jumps in. How can we actually copy a standard view / work center?

I would be very pleased if you could help me.

With kind regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going back to the original exam question from a functional perspective (I hate having to develop...).

If you look at the CRM on premise automotive industry data model, a car (with a specific VIN number) is represented as what is called an Individual object (which is an installed Base component). IObjects and Installed Base have standard configurable relationships to Business partners. Business partner roles such the Sales Dealer, the Service Dealer, the car owner, the car driver……..can all be setup.

The Installed Base object has already been developed for the C4C Utility industry. It is being rolled in SAP C4C for the next release (as I heard) so you might want to consider this standard solution before going down the bespoke route for your car object.

Who knows, SAP might even provide the Installed Base integration iFlow to replicate with either ECC equipments or CRM Installed Base!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

do you know if actually in C4C i can allign Installed base master data from an external system to C4C? do you know if exists a standard web service that i can use to do this?

thank you so much

Ilaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just checked on Web Service APIs in SAP Cloud for Customer 1502 - February 2015 and it appears the Installed Base web service is not provided yet by SAP.

I think I have seen in the video preview of the 1505 release the integration flow for iBase replication from ECC equipment is being released. Who knows, they might release the web service as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

where have you found this video? it is very important for our customer to manage this integration with an external system.

thank you.

Ilaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I have checked that it is possible via the SDK to relatively easily build a web service yourself for the Installed Base object.

Anshika
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The A2A Web Service APIs for Installed Base Management will be released in 1505.

Regards,

Anshika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshika,

i found the web service APIs for installation point and registered products management but nothing related to installed base. do you know if exists a specific web service API for installed base management and where i can find the documentation related?

thank you

Ilaria

former_member188702
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I didn't understand the difference between the car dealer and car work center concept Do you want it separate?. As of now you can't extend the standard Business Partner Roles in Cloud for Customer but would be good to understand your desired UI data model in C4C before making a proposal.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

We want to have the two account types 'Car dealer' and ‘Car’.

To reach this goal we want to use different account roles (like shown on the screenshot of my question).

A car shouldn’t be a product because it wouldn’t fit our business requirements.

You can see the relationship between these two here with an example:

We were able to customize new roles but cannot find any option to actually set the customized role on an asccount.

For now that's everything I want to know and I hope I made it a bit clearer.

Thanks for your help.

Tobias

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

1. To Add roles in Accounts:

You need to go to Fine-tune to add roles/relationship under General Business Partners. This shall allow you to add your own roles, which should then appear in RELATIONSHIP tab when you wan to add additional roles.

2. For creating Custom UIs, you can use the Adapt mode in HTML5 to create new Page Layouts.

Hope this helps!

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

thank you very much for additional information.

Yes, we've already done required customizing (Scoping & Fine-Tuning).

We've created the roles:

- car dealer

- car

And we've also created the relationships:

- has car

- is car of

- etc.

So now, if we go to the RELATIONSHIPS-tab we could choose a relationship-type

The only relevant options we see there is “has car” and “is car of”

So this tab is related to the relationship customizing (details below)

As for the role, in the Party Role Definiton we can create a new role and relate it to the already created relationship.

Everything makes sense so far.

I assume by choosing the relationship, a related role would also be assigned to the account (on database-level in background) for sure?

Am I correct?

It’s a pity there isn`t any possibility to assign, or at least see, the role itself on the account view. Also using the role as a filter in customer / business partner search seems to be impossible.

I hope I am correct on this topic, too.

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

1. "I assume by choosing the relationship, a related role would also be assigned to the account (on database-level in background) for sure?

Am I correct?" => Yes, that is correct and that is the whole point of assigning relationship in  Party Role.

2. Why don't you try the PARTNERS workcenter for your requirement?

Try it & let me know if that helps meet your requirement.

BR

Ankur

former_member188702
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Going by your requirement, you would like to extend the standard business partner role codes in Cloud for Customer. The account work center in C4C currently supports only Sold-To-Party's and Prospects. If you want to add custom roles we would probably need to understand better why you would want to use custom account types such as car, car dealer.

can I setup a call with you/your team sometime next week?

Thanks,

Karthik