Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Difference between SARA and CN80

Hello PS Team,

I want to know the difference between SARA and CN80. I am in urge to archive data. Don't know what are the prerequisites of both and how shall I proceed.?

Any help/clue will be rewarded..!!

Regards,

Ellie

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

The archiving object PS_PROJECT enables you to archive the master data, planned data, and actual data of operative work breakdown structures and networks, as well as of project versions. The information and programs required for writing and evaluating the archive files are linked to this archiving object.

Whereas, Transaction CN80 enables you to carry out the different steps for archiving and deleting project structures continuously. In this way, you can use selection variants to select multiple projects at the same time and, if required, to schedule the execution of the individual steps in the background. In addition, you can store a descriptive text for the archiving session in the selection variant for archiving structures.

And I can see some useful links provided by Sammar. Request you to please go through them.

But do keep in mind that SAP Project System does not allow you to copy archived project data as operative data, or to use archived project structures as templates for new projects.

Regards,

Amit

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question