cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SARA and CN80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PS Team,

I want to know the difference between SARA and CN80. I am in urge to archive data. Don't know what are the prerequisites of both and how shall I proceed.?

Any help/clue will be rewarded..!!

Regards,

Ellie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you read about archiving object "PS_PROJECT" ? Do some reading about this object.

Anyways, You can carry out all the necessary steps for archiving projects using the general archiving transaction SARA with a reference to archiving object PS_PROJECT. Alternatively, you can use transaction CN80 in SAP Project System, which is specifically provided for this archiving object.

I hope this may help you.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Could you please elaborate more on PS_PROJECT and also on CN80 working?

Please help. Its urgent

Regards,

Ellie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The archiving object PS_PROJECT enables you to archive the master data, planned data, and actual data of operative work breakdown structures and networks, as well as of project versions. The information and programs required for writing and evaluating the archive files are linked to this archiving object.

Whereas, Transaction CN80 enables you to carry out the different steps for archiving and deleting project structures continuously. In this way, you can use selection variants to select multiple projects at the same time and, if required, to schedule the execution of the individual steps in the background. In addition, you can store a descriptive text for the archiving session in the selection variant for archiving structures.

And I can see some useful links provided by Sammar. Request you to please go through them.

But do keep in mind that SAP Project System does not allow you to copy archived project data as operative data, or to use archived project structures as templates for new projects.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys.

This will surely help me a lot.!!

Regards,

Ellie

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ellie,

As mentioned by Amit, SARA is a universal T-Code used for Archiving Objects in SAP. CN80 is specifically used for SAP PS Objects like Projects, Network Activities, Components attached to Network Activities etc.

Please Note that not every Object is archived in SAP. And once you archive the projects data, the retrieval doesn't give you all the fields back. You have to define what are the important data fields which you want to see once archived data is read back using T - Code SARI.

I think below links would be helpful for you to get more information @ Archiving in SAP.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/CAARCPS/CAARCPS.pdf

Archiving Operative Project Structures (PS-ST-OPR) - Project System (PS) - SAP Library

Happy Reading..

Sammar