Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while uploading data from flatfile to Transaction(VK13).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while uploading the data from flatfile to the transaction(vk13). My flat file is as shown below.

SalesOrganization    DistributionChannel    Customer    Material    Releasestatus    Amount    Currency    Quantity    UOM    ValidFrom    ValidTo

2000    01    0010029614    AT309739    A    20.00    USD    1    PC    09/11/2014    12/31/9999

If I upload these data using the RV_CONDITION_COPY  FM it is succesfully uploading to the relevant tables(konh,konp) but in the tcode VK13  I am getting all values fine, except UOM. Instead of PC it is showning as ***. I did not understand why it is happening please give an idea to solve my issue.

Regards,

Chakradhar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you use the required conversion-exit for unit of measure ?

(CUNIT -> CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT : PC (EN) ext. -> ST int.)

Regards,

Raymond

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you use the required conversion-exit for unit of measure ?

(CUNIT -> CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT : PC (EN) ext. -> ST int.)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your reply.Yes,If I use CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT in my program the issue is, Assume If the user is giving PC as value for UOM field in flat file and upload the flat file.It is successfully uploading the value PC to the UOM field in transaction VK13 but the in the database table(konp) it is showing the value as ST.

Regards,

Chakradhar.

0 Kudos

And this is the normal behavior, database store internal format values, and SAP will convert ithose to external format (implict CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_OUTPUT due to ddic definition) before displaying it on screen, so don’t worry. (Try some SE16/SE16N playing with checkbox “Output without conversion Exit”)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I have done with it.

Regards,

Chakradhar.