cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver file adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error, the message mapping did not give any error and I have given all the fixed field lengths in the file adapter but still getting the error:

Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value '20060323' too long (>6 for 34. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There is a mapping error for 6 field. check it with SXMB_MONI source xml , come back to MM -- test tab , insert the xml in message mapping and check the runtime error.

Are you using any file content conversion

Regards

Chilla

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread. Thanks to all who helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sangita

Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value '20060323' too long (>6 for 34. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

this problem seems to be with table field value.when you define field length and you give field value more then length.

here you have defined field length 6 for your date field

so possible solutions are

1)go to your interface and in interface modify the field length for the column 34 (it must be date field)

at present you have gieven field lenght 6

and you are trying to enter a value (20060323) whose length is 8 so modify your date field

2)or the second solution may be that if you dont want to modify your field table then you must give date in the format like

06032003 instead of 20060323

but preferable solution is the first one

make the change and activate

This will solve your problem

Thanks

Sandeep

Ps: if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

This type of error occur only if the data type field of date exceed the maximum lenght permissible.

So just go to that data type of Date you are using with this scenario and change the field length save and activate that.

Any how this time you have to cancel the message.

kindly rewards points if useful.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>20060323</b> ....this shud be a date field if i'm correct. check the lenght defintion in the DT for recv/target and also in the content converison

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is in adapter monitoring. The length defined in source/target data is 8 chars and FCC also has 8 characters as fixed field length.

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

Did your problem got resolved?

If so could you please let meknow how is it resolved. You can send your response on my personal id shivakumar_pb at yahoo.com

thanks in advance,

Shiva,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is quite easy... the 34th column is configured for 6 characters and you are trying to put ther elonger string...

Peter

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: <b>Column value '20060323' too long (>6 for 34. column)</b> - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'</i>

is this the error you get in your adapter monitoring ?

in that case check your FCC. check if you have given the length as 8 for 20060323 field !!!

it seems u have given it as 6 ....